A bit of good

thnx kp.ua
When going abroad to work, Sergei regretted that missed the championship. But because it fulfilled a dream.

A small room in a hostel on the outskirts of Konotop. Shared kitchen and shabby toilet in the corridor. On hot water are forgotten since the Soviet era, and served cold on a schedule. In these circumstances, Sergey Chernyshov spent the last 15 years with only one dream: to one day move into his apartment. When in January he was invited to work at a construction site in Portugal, long pondered. The only thing that upset - he missed the championship, who would look at the "Olympic". In his hands were even tickets. But for the sake of future housing Received enthusiastically. And not lost!

In Lisbon, Sergei settled successfully. Fortunately help compatriots who are in Portugal abound. On the job I hired a local entrepreneur, who built on the outskirts of a three-story mansion. On site work guys from Russia and Belarus. The owner paid generously - 1200 euros per month. However, salaries had to work hard.

- The Portuguese do not want to work hard, hard work does not drag them, for this is the Slavs, - says Sergey. - The working day on schedule, but comes as a plow horse. The owner of the job is exhausting all the juices. As for the attitude to the Ukrainians, it was neutral. No offense, but they did not greet. Like, I come to work hard, and that's working.

Sergei says that in six months he had never seen in person by the name of its owner Miguel.

Everything changed dramatically in early June when Poland and Ukraine football championship started. Sergei had only to say that he is from the Ukraine, as the guy immediately friendly clapped on the shoulder, were treated to beer, was invited along to see football. On the streets of the evening was heard screaming: "Ukraine! Ukraine! "And when the Portuguese national team went out of their" group of death ", I arrived on the scene Miguel to personally meet with Sergei.

- He called me aside and began to ask, they say, is it true that in Ukraine, as bad as they say in the press, - says Sergey. - Will I be able to go to Kiev if Portugal will be released in the final. When talking, Miguel asked me if I had a dream. So I said, what had gone so far away from home. At the end of the conversation Miguel as a joke I said, if Portugal will be released in the semi-finals and Ronaldo to score, help me. Seriously, I did not take this promise.

Day of the quarter-finals of Euro 2012 between Portugal and the Czech Republic Sergei will remember for a lifetime. Two hours before the match at the construction site reappeared Miguel. He invited the Ukrainian builder in a local restaurant - to watch the match. Sergei, of course, did not give up.

- Prior to this, in Portugal I could not watch football. When the team played in Ukraine, a relative sent via SMS outcome of the match - continues to Sergei. - And here I sit in a luxury location in a real football fans. Frankly, with all my heart ached for Portugal, and especially - for Cristiano Ronaldo! At the end of the match, the miracle had happened: Portugal won with a score of 1: 0. A goal in the 79th minute scored by Ronaldo! Lissabontsy to celebrate almost smashed to pieces restaurant. And I rejoiced with them.

But the most wonderful thing was yet to come. After the victory of their favorite team, Miguel suddenly remembered his promise.

- The owner said, much is in my hometown is a nice apartment, - says Sergey. - I said that about 20 thousand dollars. Do not hesitate, Miguel took a pen and wrote me a check for 25 thousand. I said it to you even for repairs. Paint the wall in the kitchen in the colors of the Portuguese national team.

Although luck had fallen from the sky, Sergey still decided to work out a contract until the end and stayed in Lisbon until the autumn. Relatives, meanwhile, look for him to have suitable accommodation and thank Euro 2012. In fact, besides the joy that brought football fans, the Euro fulfilled the dream.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting