I no longer live in a conquered country. We're back. Home. In the USSR.

< Juliana SKOYBEDA

When I was little, I was struck by a line from the biography of Margaret Mitchell (author of the novel "Gone with the Wind"): "Apparently, the family tradition, experience and youth led her to the strange idea that she lives in a conquered country." This was written about America, about the southern states. In the war between North and South defeated the North, and Mitchell, as you recall, was born in the South.
The phrase sunk into the soul, but I did not think it would be prophetic for me personally. This happened not once, but through the years "dtsat" when I myself grew up the son. And he began to ask:
 - Mom, why America attacked Syria?
 - And why do we always say the dollar? Is not important - someone else's currency exchange rate?
 - Dad, why the USSR collapsed? And you lived in the USSR? A grandmother told me that when the Soviet Union was the work of the enterprise and the aviation industry, and now ...
Had to tell about bipolar world of the Cold War, the fifth column, the internal and external causes of the collapse of the country in which we were born. And the consequences of this collapse, wars and poverty 90.
Talk about it in an accessible child language is difficult, every word is new questions: "No, why budget Yeltsin Russia says IMF? And why ... "
One day her husband broke down and barked: "Because we won !!!"
Everything fell into place. Tasteless juice "Zuko" and destroyed the factory building in the city where my parents live, American sitcoms on television and suicide familiar officers who had nothing to feed her family. All these realities 90s.
Of course, with the 2000 year life has changed, and much, so we always adds that "later became better", "it's the other direction, which became the country out under external control," "with Russia came to be considered in the international arena" ...
And with the population in the country came to be considered: that's even returned to us a hymn. But on the whole, to be honest, we baby USSR lost irretrievably. Other forms of property, other people's welfare, lack of censorship in literature and art, which resulted in a shaft of children's books with spelling errors ...
Overall, just another country. Russia.
But last week, listening to the speeches of President Putin to the Crimea, I realized that I was wrong. Opened his mouth and clutching a baby, I said: "Look, son, look: you will remember it all my life ..."
Because confrontation with the world for the sake of defending their truth and their interests - is the USSR.
And be prepared to live in poverty (because of sanctions by the international community means poverty) - is the USSR. When all the people willing to go in rubber boots, but only to save the Crimea, where the brothers did not throw more important than to have thirty varieties of sausage in the fridge when this shame Redevelopment finally obsolete and people are not afraid of even the Iron Curtain: the officials, for which announced sanctions basically laughed, and many ordinary people jokingly claimed to list their names ...
And let Russia expelled from the Group of Eight: sad, but it is so isolated, and always lived USSR.
People, however, do not be sad. Wrote on the social networks: "Do I live in this time, do I see it ..."
Yes, I have no other country I know. Hello, Motherland. How did I miss something on you.
Much has now become clear from what has happened in the country over the last decade. It turns out that our army has not collapsed. It turns out that we have the intelligence, it is obvious that a revolution in the Ukraine is not just knew - ready for it. For example, officials have banned the business abroad. We thought that the fight against corruption, and it was almost a military necessity ...
My personal epiphany touched and ownership. I heard many times in speeches Vladimir Putin, that nationalization, which is still the dream of many, is not an end in itself: it is necessary that the means of production and the mining people to return in any form, even if in the form of taxes.
But just the other day when I read the announcement in the film: "Ruslan Baysarov on orders of Kadyrov will build a resort in the Crimea for 12 billion rubles," in my brain clicked.
And I do not understand why rich people like undermined over the last decade have left London and invested in the protest movement. A casket just opened.
The Soviet Union, like a phoenix, reborn from the ashes ...
On the TV, at a rally in honor of the return of the Crimea, in the news many times said that he returned to his native peninsula harbor in the port of registry permanent home.
Yes it is not returned Crimea. That we return. Home. In the USSR.

Source Your text to link ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting