The hero of which we have not heard ..

COLONEL ANTON Manshin tell of a hero Dubrovka Lt. Col. Konstantin Vasilyev.
"The twenty-third day of October two thousand and two, he came back at ten o'clock from work. It was just on Dubrovka. And then a woman hostage, miraculously runs out of DC and at the site begins to shout: "There some people in masks shot. Help! ". What would you do? Here's my response. Like the Lord gave me something to see in my life of sin (repeated trips and as a consequence - ranieniya), but now I see - I especially did not understand. My response: Take a cell phone or go into the booth, police, riot police call and stand, to shake the air. And he goes straight there. Included in the lobby. His pass. He goes to the bearded man to masks with guns. Identity Management Department makes warships and says: "I am a representative government. Children release, I leave myself a hostage. " Well, for them a man in uniform? It is - like a red rag to a bull. And they begin to mock him.

We told the woman who saw that an officer came, became their face poking identity, and they with him tearing straps. Kostya was healthy not only the spirit but also the body. Melee combat was engaged. And two, he disarms, lays on the ground. And the third let him turn and five bullets fall. But he was wounded and continues to fight. Sixth bullet entered his head and walked out of the chin - death. He dumped the spiral staircase to the basement. On the first day. Then there were three more days. On the fourth assault was.

He was found on the fifth day. Everyone has pulled out. I was already cleaning the broken glass openings - what's left. The workers and cleaners accidentally went down to the cellar and see - the officer is in the blood, he tore his all with him, and a number of swarming rats. And no one rat did not touch him. But he spent five days in podvale.Krysy usually gnaw the corpses. In Grozny, where we took in some areas of civilians and soldiers were killed, and the city rat - they almost went herds, we shoot them. And here they are swarming around this new martyr (otherwise it can not be called - there is holiness, and none touched). His right hand was squeezed in the fingers and the left fist. And he smiled. Body all torn apart, perhaps, the struggle was. I go for 40 days in Sarov. His mother is crying. She hugs me and says, "Listen, Anton, my son something to be rewarded? After all, it is for the people went to all the same? ". Maybe it is not necessary to talk about it. For Your Consideration ... It so happened that I then went to my third trip. By Leroy, the village near the Gudermes district, hooked me thorough. The ambush was and was seriously wounded in the face. They gave me a second order of "Courage." I took it to Kostya.

I can not tell you that it was my mother. It is when I saw the cross glowed so roared, like some kid at a toy. Then he said: "Kostya, my, did the state of his reward." I did not say anything, just gave. A month later, a woman calls me. I read somewhere. He asks: "Anton, how do you put your reward?". I answer: "Yes it is wrongly written." My mother, poor still tempted. But I do it, like, persuaded that the bones were given.

Source

Without words.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting