"Hare" in the "Soviet Union" ...

That was in 1968. Passed military service I was on the troop ship in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. I pulled into the service after the third year of medical school because of the disrespectful behavior towards our military commissar. Typically, medical assistant students at the department allowed to complete their training, but for me, the commissar made an exception. On the ship, the position of medical assistant was not foreseen, and I began steering-signalman. Naturally, all medical matters within its competence, I have decided. The commander even allocated a double cabin under the hospital and during long flights I treated there colleagues. I was promoted two years before the elders of Article 2, the commander of CU-1 (steering-signalers, radar, navigational electronics). He dreamed of going to the Military Medical Academy, and the second call to my documents were sent. In July we were in flight, when our radio operator received a radio message that the call came at me. In Peter we came just two weeks. The commander, as he did not want to let me go, however, strained drill department, and I all the documents drawn up literally running.
Starley marching in crooked grin department - to hell in such a hurry, still from Kamchatka you are now not get out.

July, vacation time, a plane ticket, you can get only in the long cronyism, boat goes every five days. There are no other options. By the way, today the "Soviet Union" extends to Vladivostok, but all have been sold out tickets. If you're lucky, at the military commandant Seaport beg your.
His words did not add optimism to me, but I did not want reconciliation with the cruel reality, keeping in mind the smoldering flame of hope.
Everything turned out really bad. Ticket offices are closed, Commissar foamy sea port, not allowing me to open his mouth, sent to hell - I Dembele all can not send some two weeks spend the night at the station.
Almost crying, I went to the pier, which was moored handsome snow-white ship "the Soviet Union».

Planting was in full swing. On a wide ladder on board climbed mixed civilian and military raznogabaritnym laden luggage. Noise, shouting, swearing in sizom tobacco smoke, that's what the deck was a legendary ship.
At the entrance on the side of the controller checked three tickets, and on the deck a few people from the team lost his voice gave instructions to passengers who go where the tickets already purchased. Passengers frantically ran around the deck, colliding with each other, most of them in front of such an important event as the departure took "one for the road" and therefore were, to put it mildly, inadequate.
Passenger "Soviet Union" I have already been twice. For the first time in 1966 when Vladivostok us- recruits brought to Kamchatka. Places us on the deck, fortunate - to close. On the ship, there were patrols, whose main task was to protect the peace of the passengers placed in the cabins. The second time the following year, returning to the Russian island, where half was a Lad Camp. This time it was civilized, four days lived in steerage. During this time the ship and clambered well oriented in its nine decks.
Word of mouth passed on rumors that a ship of the German construction transmitted to us after the war in order reparation, before he had the name "Adolf Hitler", and in the concert hall is a personal piano Hitler. All but the fact that he built the German was wrong, but the rumors were tenacious.
By the end of the landing left twenty minutes, I watched in despair on the ship, did not occur to any decent ideas, but to jump ship at the commencement of the deck to the pier. The idea was unrealistic, as the board of the ship towered over the pier 6-7 meters. Bubka I'm not, and I do not have a pole ...
My eyes fell on a military patrol, who marched slowly along the pier in the crowd Dembele. Those at the sight of the patrol turned away in disgust, not eager to salute the feeling has civil. Chief Patrol - almost two-meter midshipman - Marine, was not discouraged, it is to no one finding fault, and it seems that not even looked at Dembele and admired liner. Behind him are two seminal matrosika with armbands, judging by their dull parties - yearlings.
And then it hit me! "Stroyev with the song" I went to midshipman and quickly, so as not to be denied, quickly brought him up to my woes. He carefully listened to me, grinned and asked: - And I told you, how can I help?
 - You have the right to come aboard?
 - Well, yes ... -neuverenno said the midshipman.
-Then Let's ask my backpack to place on the deck of a obilechennogo muster. I will wear a bandage patrol guy let smoke. We climb on board, roll it, and before you finish planting, you will go to the pier, already together. Controllers, I sure did not pay attention to it. There is simply no other chance ...
Ensign, despite its growth, to think quickly. Immediately hooked matrosika -dembelya, and despite his grumbling, he lectured my backpack. Then we got on board, and I felt such euphoria that by, perhaps, seemed drunk. We have what - speaks to a midshipman, but I remember that he encouraged me: - Back not come back, is obliged to do! I promised, because honestly was convinced, despite the fact that the competition was 15 people in place, I will do.
Finally removed the ladder, cast off, two tugs pulled the ship away from the wall. Hooray! Hare thrown overboard! All grow together! Farewell beep caused jubilation as passengers, and at the mourners. I was pleased to see among the crowd of mourners tall figure midshipman, who stared at the ship sails.
I found my backpack at the second tower, where we asked him to throw muster. That was close. Met. He called the number of the room where placed together with his colleagues, and said: - We have a full set, but if nothing podyschesh, come, will sleep on - line. Just four days perekantuemsya ...
 - Thanks bro! Pripret - come ...
There was nowhere to hurry, people gradually has resolved to their cabins, come blessed silence, only emphasizes dimensional roar of engines and the lapping waves dissected stem. I admired the receding panorama of Petropavlovsk, unusual, but which has become customary in the two years the beauty of volcanoes surrounding the Avacha Bay, and nothing to think just blissfully contemplated.

That left behind three brothers, three rocks, we passed dozens of times, going to flight and going back. Really, I'm more of them will never see ...

Posted in [mergetime] 1384540312 [/ mergetime]
My loneliness was suddenly broken pretty romantic. I felt like a little female lay her hands on my eyes ... But that's another story ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting