Living in a remote dark.

In my block lives a blind grandfather. Living alone. Every day, singing some songs, he goes outside, runs around the house to the touch, sometimes he goes to the grocery store. At the entrance, he makes charging and feeding the pigeons. The vision he had lost not long ago and I remember the look of the surrounding mir.No there are people who can not see at birth. Even worse, when a man and a blind and deaf at the same time. For such people, from early childhood tactile sensations - the only link with the outside mirom.Segodnya closes Paralympics in Sochi. On the one hand, it was a sporting event: for our athletes is always a pleasure to be ill, and this time ahead of the Russian team by a wide margin. On the other hand, it is certainly a cultural event. The event as an opportunity to think and feel something unusual for people with disabilities. No sympathy or pity, no. Respect, empathy, and in some cases even envy - not sporsmenov to success and to what power will help them to come to pobede.V this day, I decided to publish unusual for a series of photos from a unique and Russia's only orphanage for deaf-blind, which is located in Sergiev Posad. Do you often wonder how they live and what do ordinary people with disabilities? Do not Olympic athletes, and the girls and boys of school and preschool age. I have to say, I was struck by what he saw.

Upon entering the building, I received a brief instruction - move through the corridors of the orphanage right hand. More precisely - the children are moving on the right side of the corridor, the staff on the left. So it is possible to avoid the collision.

The interior is spacious and not cluttered with furniture.

Today, the orphanage is more than two hundred children with various visual and hearing disabilities. Someone weak spots, but he can not hear someone opposite. There are children who do not see or hear at the same time. And - this is the most normal children. They rush through the corridors, laugh, play, and communicate with each other. And they do not need so many things to feel comfortable. Their needs are intangible: a caress, care, communication. Incidentally, in this house, you can come in as a volunteer.

Canteen. Knives and forks give children without restriction.

In such conditions, limited opportunities are almost unlimited. The orphanage in Sergiev Posad - the only one of its kind institution in Russia, where the work with children with problems. The teachers here - it professionals and enthusiasts, they have even developed a program of retraining teachers (tiflosuroperevodchikov) to work in the regions. It is only 209 children studying, and how many of them across the country?

So there is a process of communication: words are transmitted touches.

Maxim performs on stage and very embarrassed. More recently, he could not walk, let alone dance. This taught him in an orphanage.

For deafblind does not exist TVs and game consoles, but time is scheduled every minute - children learn useful and interesting every day and do not have time to get bored.

This is the "tactile" training schedule for the day, the format - own invention orphanage. This schedule allows you to deafblind children get a "thread" of information from our world and understand what to expect throughout the day. Kids always busy with something, a feeling that they do not get bored for a minute.

Spelling: student works in Braille, and for the teacher on the cards depict characters.

Similar to Scrabble, but in fact it is learning the alphabet.

And this - "oral" deaf and blind it, each letter has its own sequence of touches.

One of the workshops. Here you can learn to do here such tapestries.

Tapestry convex, it can "see" with your fingers. Before getting into this orphanage Lera was closed and pugnacious, but now it has become a patient, learned to read and write. And she's a big flirt.

In the lobby, an exhibition of works of pupils, in the same conduct "official" events - Nikita, for example, Happy birthday.

Another workshop, this time there were made of wax candles.

Candles are sold in the abbey, and the proceeds returned to the orphanage and bought her supplies for this production.

Free hands do not remain without work. Here are actively developing even the most "difficult" pupils, as around their life becomes as boring as any other child.

Jura in the workshop, where the older children made a variety of educational materials for younger groups.

A lesson spelling learn braille typewriter.

Print Braille using thick paper on which the method applied stamping letters read fingertips.

In one line fit to forty characters. Most books and textbooks in the orphanage do on their own, forces teachers and students.

Lessons of creativity - is not only a tapestry and painting - for those pupils who allows the vision (and talent). By the way, in the previous orphanage Kohl considered mentally retarded and inflated drugs, but here it is revealed and learned good draw and dance.

Ceramics workshop.

That is so funny fish visually impaired students have obtained the ceramic workshop.

This cast candles, they also make the orphanage.

It looks like reading a textbook on Russian ...

And this is - a notebook with notes on mathematics teacher in the fields.

The moment that struck me the most. Allen listens to what I say, taking off his fingers vibrations of the larynx. Allen was born perfectly healthy child, but because of transferred disease and substandard operations completely lost hearing and vision.

Because it communicates with the girlfriend - touch. From the side it seems that they just hold hands, but if you look closely - fingers flit rapidly, adding the letters of offer.

Gym is quite ordinary, but that's stairs and mat - soft. Diskoshar Well, of course, for special occasions

In laboratories regularly check the eyes and ears of children to pick the right set of exercises for their development.

This is not a radio station, and one of the diagnostic aids.

Girl presses the button, when something is heard in the headphones. I stood at a distance and heard a different frequency and volume of the sound coming from the headphones. But she just pushed the button several times.

The study of hearing with sound waves.

Students with musical talent singing in the choir. By the way, it is very famous among the visually impaired choir often performs at a range of activities. We were told that the choir was invited to perform at the closing, and the Paralympics.

That's it, it's time to leave the hospitable walls.

So people like me, those who are called healthy, easy to get out of here. But what lies beyond the threshold of a children's home of these guys?

I would like our children to treat these people as equals, not with pity, disgust and fear. We are, unfortunately, this is not taught, and in fact the right approach even serious illnesses will not be an obstacle to the development and social adaptation.
I'd love to such institutions where so working with deafblind children in Russia have more. But this is not all that is needed for people with disabilities into society. They need quality education, jobs, accessible environment and, of course, an understanding of other people. So far, after 18 years, they have nowhere to go.

Source: chistoprudov.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting