The Trinity is not just a "green holiday"

Today is the fiftieth day after the Resurrection, when all believers celebrate the feast of the Holy Trinity — the Day of the descent to earth of the Holy spirit.

In the popular mind clearly imprinted the notion that the Trinity is a celebration of the renewal of nature, and therefore the day when people decorate homes with greenery. Because on this day the approaches to the churches filled with people selling all sorts of herbs, bouquets of long branches sedges.

Christians can only lament what is visible, traditional eclipsed the true meaning of the holiday. It turns out that any Christian holiday for us, contrary to the teaching of Christ that "the Kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness,. and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" for us all "food and drink"? Christmas — day, when it is necessary to prepare 12 dishes, the Day of the Lord's entrance into Jerusalem — the day when we must sanctify willow, to wear the rolls of the cross, Easter - day falling and consecration paschek and eggs, Pentecost is a feast of greens, the Transfiguration of the Lord - the day when we must sanctify the apples, etc. But it's unlikely that God claimed to holidays devoted to food?!

The feast of the Holy Trinity, also called the Pentecost, is dedicated to the descent of the Holy spirit on the apostles on the fiftieth day after the resurrection of Christ. With the descent of the Holy spirit the beginning of its existence the Church of Christ. The mysterious power of the Holy spirit, who comes upon a man who believed in Christ, renews and transforms his inner world.

The descent of the Holy spirit — it is also a reminder to those who complains to God, saying: "Why doesn't he come to earth if he loves us?"

In old Testament times people knew only about God the Father, from the time of the birth of Jesus Christ — the coming of God in human flesh — people found out about His only Begotten Son, the day of the descent of the Holy spirit to earth people learned about the existence of the third person of the Trinity, and so learned to believe and glorify God, one in essence and three in Persons — Father, Son, and Holy spirit — the Trinity Consubstantial and indivisible.

The very descent of the Holy spirit on the apostles on the day of Pentecost described by the Evangelist Luke in the initial chapters of his book “acts of the apostles.” God was pleased to make this event a turning point in world history.

The descent of the Holy spirit was not an unexpected event for the apostles. Has for several centuries before the birth of the Savior, the Lord God began to prepare people for the day of their spiritual rebirth and predicted through the prophet: “You shall walk in My judgments and My statutes will comply with and will pour out of My spirit upon all flesh ...And I will give you a new heart and a new spirit I will put you, and take out of your flesh the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. and do the things and cause you to walk in My commandments and My statutes, will abide by and comply with".” (Joel 2:28; ISA. 12:3, 44:3; Ezek.).

The true origins of today's holiday, clear and to the greens, they are irrelevant if we do not so much wish to associate any Christian holiday with meaningless attributes.published

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: odessamedia.net/news/13889/

Tags

See also

New and interesting