Find out what despair is when neighbors flood the apartment

My little daughter was left without a mother 3 years ago. Since then, my eight-year-old and I have been living alone. Her best friend was a rag doll that her mother once sewed. Vera does not let this doll out of her hands for a minute, Denis says.

Denis works hard to provide her with everything she needs. Until recently, he thought he would never love someone as much as he loved his wife. Three years later, the man met a woman. How will he tell Vera that another aunt will live in their house?

“Faith seems to have handled the loss better than I have.” Probably because she didn’t fully understand what had happened. I tried to explain to her carefully, perhaps we will return to this conversation in a few years. Maybe we'll never talk about it again. I took my daughter to a psychologist. Vera became interested in music and began to go to vocal classes, it seems that she likes it.

I didn’t want a new relationship six months ago. Then I decided that I would never love. But there was an attractive woman in my life. We met Anna in the gym. I signed up there to keep my body and mind in check, classes help me cheer up and not think about the bad.

Once we talked about life, then walked several times from the hall to the stop. And I fell in love. I realized that I wanted to live with her for the rest of my days, because Anya understands me from the inside out. So far we're meeting in neutral territory, Vera doesn't know anything about Ana. Once my daughter and I were reading a book about Cinderella, and then Vera took my word that I would never get married and she would not have to live with her stepmother. Now I don’t know how to introduce them, and I always postpone a serious conversation with my daughter.

Anya is very patient, she understands everything and never rushed me, never asked to visit. She realizes that a daughter without a mother lived very little to accept a new woman. But I know that she, like any other woman, wants certainty. After all, if I don't introduce her to my daughter, then we have a frivolous relationship. I love her. And Vera needs a woman's hand. I have no idea what will happen in a few years when she becomes a teenager. There's a lot of things I can't explain to her as well as my mom would.

Recently, Anya was flooded by neighbors from above, she had to stop at someone while repairing her apartment. Ani's parents live abroad, and it is awkward to ask her for married friends. It was as if fate had told me, “Now is the time!” so it was a powerful impulse. I came to Ana and offered to stay with me for a while, it was time to introduce her to Verochka.

Anya stayed at the hotel that day, and I walked home thinking about how my daughter would react. I wasn't sure it would go smoothly. When I arrived, Vera was doing her homework. In the kitchen, she left a bowl of pasta and sausages on the table for me. My daughter without a mother grew up too early. I'm the one who's supposed to take care of her and cook dinner, she's still a baby.

While I was eating, Vera came to drink tea. I put down the plate, thanked my daughter for the delicious dinner, and told her we had to talk seriously. It was like she was reading my mind. Before I could say anything, Vera asked if I was going to get married. I was a little confused, but immediately said I was going to. It was better to rip off the patch right away.

Turns out Vera found checks that I put carelessly on the windowsill in the room. Checks from cafes and jewelry stores. Vera said that at first she resented me, and then she talked to her grandmother, and she told her that I would not love my daughter any less if I married someone again. It's true, at that moment, no one was more precious than Faith to me.

I said that Vera will always come first to me because she is my only child. Later I said that Anya would come tomorrow and they would meet. There was no enthusiasm in the children’s eyes, she, like me, did not imagine that some aunt would appear in her life. I convinced Vera to give Ana a chance. After all, they can become friends, and Anya will not be an evil stepmother who hurts my beloved child.

The next day Anya and I arrived at our house, on the way Anya bought a book for Vera and a cake. Vera tried to be friendly, but I saw it wasn't easy for her. Vera is a kind girl. She couldn't leave anyone in trouble, so Anya moved in for two weeks. Anya tried very hard to please the little girl, but could not approach her and was very upset.

A month later I was sent on a business trip. I knew Mom would always be happy to sit with her granddaughter. But it was also a good reason to make friends with Anna with Vera. I arranged for her to look after her daughter. Every night I called Vera and told her what I had been doing all day. And then I had to be out of touch for days.

When I arrived, Anya told me something. On the third day, Vera began to worry that I was not calling. Although Anya herself was worried, tried to calm my daughter, read books with her, told stories from life, they watched cartoons together. And then Vera could not sleep at night and came to Ana: Verochka came to my room with tears in her eyes. She told me that she had a nightmare, as if she was all alone and lost you forever, Anya told me when I finally got back to call.

It turned out that two people dear to me were close because they were worried about me. Vera understood that Ana could be trusted. She shares more secrets with her now than she does with me. I'm going to propose to Ana next week. I hope the three of us will now live happily together.”

To survive a loss, everyone needs time. Someone copes with the experiences in a few years and begins a new life, and someone can not trust a stranger all his life. At a tender age, all children need care. And you can't be sure you'll curb your feelings and never fall in love. Someday Vera will understand that, too. And now she is very lucky that there is a woman who will help her in everything and support her. Even if she is not her own mother, Anya can be a faithful friend and wise adviser.

Tags

See also

New and interesting