Vera Farmiga

Last week I saw the film "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" about the events of the Second World War through the eyes of a little boy, the film touched deeply definitely recommend for viewing. But now is not about the movie, but the actress who starred in it - Vera Farmiga, watching the film I did not know her name, then it was for me a beautiful actress with extraordinary blue eyes. The other day on YouTube stumbled on video golivudskih actress of Ukrainian origin, which in the talk show talked about his Ukrainian roots. What was my surprise that this is the actress from the movie and the game looks and I admire her name is Vera Farmiga Ann.

Faith was not born in Ukraine, unlike Mila Kunis already known, Olga Kurylenko and Milla Jovovich, and in Passaic (NJ, USA). It is the second of seven children of Ukrainian immigrants Michael Farmiga (computer engineer) and Luba Farmiga (school teacher). Vera studied at the Ukrainian Catholic School and graduated in 1991. She has appeared in Ukrainian folk dance ensemble "Sizokrilі." Given that Vera was born in the United States for up to six years she did not speak English. In 1991, after finishing school she initially wanted to become an ophthalmologist, but eventually admitted to the School of Fine Performing Arts Syracuse University, graduating in 1996.

In 1996, Farmiga made her debut on Broadway as understudy. Parallel to this, and began her television career was the first Australian TV series Roar in which she starred with the late Heath Ledger. On the set of Vera met with the actor of French origin Scotch-Sebastian Roche, whom she married in 1997, but they broke up already in 2004.

In the "late" 90s she has combined the stage, film and television. In 1988 came the film "Force - majeure" where faith has played a supporting role.

In 2000, there was a well-known film in a certain plan become a cult in its genre - "Autumn in New York" in which Vera had a small role, but her "big" films were yet to come. During the 2001-2002 year, she starred in several films, TV series and a TV adaptation.

Vera's career gained momentum and so in 2002 she played her first leading role in the romantic drama "Love in the Time of money." The following year, Vera played in the film "Doll" with Milla Jovovich and Adrien Brody.

In 2004 he was an independent film "Before the latest features»

in the 2004th Vera played a supporting role in the film "The Manchurian Candidate" in which she worked with Denzel Washington and Meryl Streep.

Then instead of attending auditions for movies in which she is interested Vera making short films that she sent to the casting. Thanks to one such film Vera noticed Martin Scorsese saw "chemistry" between faith and Leonardo DiCaprio, he invited her to star in "The Departed».

Later, she was nominated for an Empire Award, along with other actors in "The Departed." In 2007, Farmiga took the lead role in the US-Korean drama "Never Always».

In 2008, Vera appeared in the British drama "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" as the wife of a Nazi commandant, played by David Thewlis.

The film tells about the friendly relations between the two eight-year-old boy, one of them the son of the commandant of the Nazi camps, others - Jewish prisoners.

In 2009 Vera starred in the horror film "Orphan" which gathered a good cashier at the box office.

Then there was the least successful cash and "Up in the Air," which made the company the Faith George Clooney and Anna Kendrick.

For his role in "Up in the Air" Vera received an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actress and a Golden Globe nomination for Best Supporting Actress - Motion Picture and many other nominations.

In 2010, Farmiga starred with Keanu Reeves in the romantic film "Henry's Crime».

Faith in 2011 appeared on screen in the film "Source Code" where she played Colleen Goodwin, her partner on the film was Jake Gyllenhaal.

In June, began filming the movie "View from the Bridge" in which partners are Faith Mia Wasikowska and Sebastian Stan.

Now married to Vera Farmiga Renn Hawks, played a wedding in September 2008.

In January 2009 they had a son whom they named Finn,

and in November 2010 he published his sister - Gita Love Hockey.

And here's some video from youtube through which I met on closer with this wonderful actress. It must be admitted that Vera speaks Ukrainian at some Ukrainians better :) And as it relates to its roots makes us think about the love for their homeland, no matter where we are.

Tags

See also

New and interesting