This strange Benedict

"The other day I happened to read in some blog, I have a horse face, stupid name, that as an actor I was inept and stupid. And if the last two, I still somehow can bet that with the first, unfortunately - this is my childhood »
Benedict hardly be called handsome. It can cause different feelings. But to judge it only in appearance it would be wrong. Of course, to convince someone who has not seen any of his films, he - a true master of reincarnation, it is useless. But it has some special charisma that for men, and especially for an actor, rather comely appearance.

Benedict - a true Englishman. Perhaps this is due to his aristocratic origins. And maybe with a good education, love of literature and a rich life experience.

Since 2001, Cumberbatch starred in classic plays in the open-air theater in Regent Park, theaters, "Almeida", "Royal Court" and the Royal National Theatre. He was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actor.

In February 2011, the premiere of "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley product. The performance was a resounding success and critical acclaim. Also, the actor manages to star in a feature film and television series. Benedict has a pretty great track record.

In 2005, Cumberbatch played the main character of Edmund Talbot in the mini-series "Journey to the edge of the earth." Directed by David Attwood said then said:

We found Benedict Cumberbatch fairly easily. We needed a very good actor, someone young enough to be convincing in the role of the aristocratic, somewhat unpleasant character who is on the concepts of their world still a teenager. But we needed and whoever can hold in the frame of four and a half hours ... someone experienced not only excellent actor, but also with a great sense of time. Benedict was the perfect answer to all this

In 2009 he received the title role in the TV series "Sherlock". With this painting Benedict was very lucky. You could say that this - his first truly starring role.

With this show involves a lot of disputes. Some people like the film adaptation. Some consider it a failure, distorting the original. Here's what he says Benedict:

- "It is in the book of modern man. His mind is as sharp as a razor, allows you to reset the pedestal anyone and gain the upper hand in the second ... at the premiere in the UK have welcomed the members of the London Society of Sherlock Holmes. From them, no one expected flattering assessments - this is a kind of fossil enthusiasts. However, fans of the hero Conan Doyle suddenly came to a complete delight. Writers still quite carefully treated to the original. In general, if I got a dollar every time someone came up to me saying, "I never thought that I might like, but - like", then I could pay for a drink each interviewer! ... "< br />

Benedict Cumberbatch does not like to advertise private life, preferring to speak only on professional topics. But his relationship with Olivia Pulet lasted for 12 years. And so it is difficult to hide from the press. However, neither the common dreams of children, no success in career terms, failed to strengthen their relationship. In March 2011, they parted.

Benedict Cumberbatch Olivia Pulet:

For a while the actor met with the designer Anna Jones, but they too left. Now the actor is free, and all his plans are to continue with the filming of "Sherlock" and roles in the movies "Star Trek" and "The Hobbit: There and Back Again».

Benedict Cumberbatch colleague Alice Eve:

And with actress Rebecca Hall:

Benedict with a companion:

Tags

See also

New and interesting