Benedick Kamberbatch

On January 12, Russia will show the third and final series of the series "Sherlock". The episode will be called "His final vows." British series about the most famous detective incredibly popular around the world, as well as the leading man - Benedict Kamberbatch for which the role of Sherlock Holmes has become the star of his career. We present you 9 facts about Benedict Kamberbatche.

First fact.

Benedict admits that at one time used to train his name diction. By the way, Kamberbatch - the name is not typical of Britain.

"Someone asked me whether it is not an alias, - says Benedict. - No, Kamberbatch - that's my real name, and, yes, I am aware that some people like the sounds associated with flatulence in the bath ».
And though he had suffered a lot in my childhood of ridicule by their peers (who even gave him the nickname "cucumber"), he did not want to change their name to something more harmonious, although it was such an opportunity.

"I want to be just Benedict Cumberbatch," - he said one day, because I thought his name, though old-fashioned, but very "cozy».

The fact of the second.

Natural hair color Benedict - brown with red highlights. Interestingly, prior to each role directors insisted that the actor repainted in darker tone.

The fact of the third.

His parents were also representatives of the acting profession. My mother - the actress Wanda Ventem, Dad - Comedian Timothy Carlton Kamberbatch. They, incidentally, can be seen in the first episode of the third season of "Sherlock", they played the parents of Holmes.

Benedict with parents and stepsister Tracy.

The fact of the fourth.

At the time, the parents made every effort to Benedict was one of the most prestigious private schools in the country - Harrow, north-west London. The school was the old regime, only for boys. Therefore, when the stage of the theater school began to put Shakespeare's comedy "A Midsummer Night's Dream", Benedict offered the female lead, which became his acting debut.

"I played the Titans - the queen of the fairies and elves. Then came the period of puberty, and I stopped playing women - because of the voice ».

The fact of the fifth.

After graduating from the prestigious school, Benedict decided to leave Tibet. And all because that he was ashamed of his education and his trip he was trying to make amends to the world for a prosperous life. In Tibet, he spent a year teaching English to monks in the monastery for shelter and food.

"Being close to these people, I realized that from morning till night to engage in spiritual pursuits, you need an incredible sense of humor».

The fact of the sixth.

Benedict deprived of his compatriot Hugh Laurie title most popular teleaktera planet, but it did not affect the friendly relations between Kamberbatchem and Hugh Laurie, who appeared in 2003 on the set of the series "fortysomething": it Benedict played one of three horny sons character Lori.

The fact of the seventh.

In the ranking of "100 sexiest men in the world", compiled by the British press, Benedict Cumberbatch takes 5th place. However, the actor believes that the fact of "hysterically funny»:

"I hate it when people call me a sex symbol - admitted he once Radio Times. - God damn my beauty and success. No, I really think this is very funny, just laugh. "

The fact of the eighth.

Once filming in South Africa, Benedict Cumberbatch and his colleague have been victims of armed robbers who wanted to steal a car. The criminals tied the actor and wanted to cram into the trunk.

"I was just trying to explain to them - says the actor. - I have problems with the heart and the brain, so if you leave me here, because of the lack of air tightness or I will die, and it will be a big problem for you. You will be in the car dead Englishman, and this definitely is not good. "

The fact of the ninth.

As a teenager, Benedict wanted to be a doctor.

"I wanted to be a neurosurgeon. This desire came after reading the book "Saturday" by Ian McEwan. It would be great to do something useful and responsible, requires more effort, when you realize that something very important is really hangs in the balance ", - said Benedict Cumberbatch in an interview.

Tags

See also

New and interesting