Jeff Devine

The famous photographer Jeff Devine is currently considered the best surf photographers in the world, which is for as many as 45 years old interested in surfing is not so much as a sport, how many already, as a way of life.
Jeff was born and raised in California, and there already began to take friends who are surfers in the 1960s. Once I worked with a variety of magazines for surfers and has traveled the world, visiting the best "surfing" places. Now he is the editor of the photos in the magazine «The Surfer», which owns the largest archive of photographs dedicated to the ocean, surfing and surfers.

In the continuation of current is now a summer beach theme and experience the unique atmosphere of the 1970s - in a fun and carefree lifestyle of surfers, when the most important things were the waves, the sun, beach, board, friends and, of course, bridesmaids. Not life, but now a large and exciting adventure. The pictures were taken in California and Hawaii.

In 1964 I got my first surfboard. I was fourteen when I got the board a gift from the Hawaiian friend from Point Loma, Kame Richards. I really liked the ocean; I grew up just two blocks from the beach. Since childhood, I have "plowed" expanse of water on a raft made of polystyrene foam. At age 18, I became interested in surfing. Together with friends, we SHAPE board in my parents garage on Hidden Valley Road, at least until the fire department is not covered by our workshop. Then we moved to my grandmother's garage on Torrey Pines Road. Because of all of our activities cops thought we organized a laboratory for packaging drugs!

I spent almost all his childhood in water: before you catch your first wave, I practiced a lot. I spent a lot of time training and honing skills. Therefore, at the moment when I first got on the board, the world turned upside down ... but became fantasticheskim.

In those years (60) I was trying to imitate the great surfers - the rest simply does not matter. Fortunately, there was full of examples to follow.

At that time I was working in a bookstore John Cole Bookstore and could afford to buy a Pentax 400mm lens Lentar. I began to take pictures of friends and print pictures. I became interested in photography quickly. My first serious work began Shores, Blacks and Windansea. In 1966, the first time I participated in a surf fotosessii.

I want to reflect the image some thought, trying to capture the emotions of the surfer. Always obtain a picture that stands out from the heap drugih.

I am inspired by newspaper LA Times and New York Times, National Broadcasting Service, my wife Julie, son Taylor, my past work and public reaction to them. The changing seasons in Kalifornii.

Before I started surfing - until the moment when I was 13 - I spent a lot of time in the library and watching TV after school. Surfing made me get up off the couch and plunge into a completely different vselennuyu.

Our desires, in the end, are executed. It is important not to rely on fate, and laid out on the full. Set a goal and go to ney.

Tags

See also

New and interesting