Prisoner (7 pics + text)

Anatoly S. Soy. 81 years.
Concentration camp prisoners, a decorated, the designer of the Palace of Congresses in the Kremlin in Moscow, and many residential neighborhoods. The grandfather of six grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Yelena Soya, Sydney Olympic champion in synchronized swimming - his granddaughter.

Mom was taken to the Gestapo, and we stayed

My life - the most common. I was born in 1927 in Dnepropetrovsk an average of the three brothers, the beginning of the war he graduated from 6th grade. My father went to the front of the second day, and we stayed with her mother. After two months of Dnepropetrovsk was occupied and bombed out completely. The city had no water, no electricity, no salt, no soap, not to mention the products. And four months later my mother was taken to the Gestapo for liaison with the guerrillas, and we are left with three brothers. The oldest was 17 years old, I am 14 and the youngest 11. The fed then - just a shame to say; All were Zayed lice.
The elder brother was very capable, he worked as a mechanic at the locomotive repair works, well painted. And of brass tubes learned to make lighter, engraved them himself. And I have a younger brother went to the flea market to sell. With the money to buy paint for fabric, aluminum spoons and forks - the only thing that could then buy, too, all homemade - folded in a bag and walked out of the city. At first, that it was possible to barter for food in nearby villages. So we exchanged father suit two buckets of maize. Then I began to have to go with the sled like a peddler of 30-40 km. When that was not possible, we had to ride the trains. And while there were only military train. We had to find the one that goes towards the rear, and when it departs from the station and picks up speed, jump on the stairs and hide between cars. So get over 70-80 km from the city. And when the train pulls into the station, jump, jump ahead and wait for when he will depart again, - the terms of protection and of the laws of war on all foreign military train shot. Especially difficult was the rush on the way back in the cold with 10-15 kg of corn. Shoot may at any time ...

Do not believe

I came in 1942 and I was 15 years old. With this age the Germans put all registered to work on them either in Germany, in a labor camp, or a place in Dnepropetrovsk. I refused to go to Germany. Then I was sent to the factory to them. Voroshilov loader. Before the war, it was a powerful military-industrial complex. Its time to evacuate, leaving only the walls, where the Germans staged a tactical warehouse. With me working there and my schoolmates Toll Lagutkin.
At lunch we were given a soup of millet and water, without salt, half a kilo of bread and in the evening, too, millet. I usually bring him home to somehow help the brothers. And this plant has been part of the fenced area where the Russian prisoners were kept, where they also worked. And somehow, in March 1943, returning after a 12-hour day home, we were just past the barbed wire. And hungry prisoners begged to give them bread. I felt so sad. I do not know where my father was then, maybe he just standing somewhere and requests. And I gave to some of them bread. It saw the SS man on the tower and turned on the alarm. We ran off, but we are, of course, was captured and brought to headquarters for questioning. The Germans were sure we handed weapons. Beat us so that we become like the burgers, they threatened to shoot the prisoners if we do not recognize. They claim the person who passed, and they're all on one person: overgrown, thin ... We do not remember who passed. We do not believe and left overnight in the chamber. And in the morning, accompanied by two SS men with guns taken somewhere. We were sure to be shot. Prior to that, already shot all the local Jews, who did not evacuate. But we were taken to the Gestapo. We have worked for six months in a concentration camp in his hometown.

Coffee from ground acorns

Meanwhile, the Germans were defeated at Stalingrad, long summer - at Kursk. And it was decided to take all the camps. And 27 September 1200 among our fellow citizens "with the temporarily occupied territory as a prisoner," I was deported to Austria, a concentration camp Mauthausen. We pushed for fifty people in a completely empty wagons and taken eight days without water and food. Unlike most other camps where slave labor, it was an extermination camp. Its construction by Spanish prisoners of war in 1938, Himmler personally inspected. And it is here the Germans began to bring their all trains with prisoners during their retreat.
In Mauthausen all the prisoners worked in a quarry. More than a month no one stood: die 500-600 people a day, or at work, or in the barracks at night, or just a dog bite to death. The dead were burned in the crematorium immediately. We, the kids, the stretcher loaded with stones, that adult prisoners attributed to the barges. They weigh more than 100 kg - of wire tied to the neck, like a collar. My daily routine was this: rise at 5 o'clock; half an hour all had to wash in cold water zone of the smaller Dusík in his barracks. If you do not - you'll beat the overseer of the prisoners. No soap, no towels were not - wiped his striped form in the wet then went to work. Shoes, canvas shoes with wooden soles on his bare feet. From the morning we were given half a liter of "bitter water" - a decoction of ground burnt acorns - such as coffee.
Then on the 40-meter "Stairs of Death" all went down into a pit on a 12-hour day in the winter - even in complete darkness. At 12 o'clock there was lunch: the prisoners were brought to his cart, a large thermos of soup, gruel of Rutabaga that it was necessary to drink for 2-3 minutes of bowls with two handles. Again, work until 6 pm. After dinner given 100 grams of bread from the acorn, bone and wood flour. But it seemed to us delicious chocolate. Sometimes given a piece of sausage from the old horse meat or a spoonful of marmalade bitter water. Or "meat soup" - worms which bred in the wheat husk. Until 11 pm - lights out - no one was allowed to enter the barracks, rest. In the courtyard of the camp SS man came and forced us to walk the goose step, then run, then go to bed, rise, people are more likely to become depleted. Slept all on solid planks in three floors of 300 in the 100-meter room. Rather than put his striped pillow shape. Flips to the other side of the team. Closeness was such that, even in the freezing cold with no glass in the windows steam billowed out. But fell asleep like the dead. As it was difficult to get up after 6 hours of sleep in the 12-hour work! ..

This saved me folly

In such circumstances, I spent a month until a miracle happened. Himmler decided that one of us can make a soldier and ordered from all camps to select prisoners of 14-16 years and bring together in the camp of Dachau in Germany. We began to teach military science, German language and mathematics. We thought that we stand under the gun to fight against her. But two months later, the Germans themselves disappointed in his idea, and it was all over. But the stupidity played a decisive role in my life: I was still alive. If we were not then taken from Mauthausen, I would have came out only through the crematorium chimney.
Also in Mauthausen it was also my friend, neighbor and classmate, Toll Lagutkin, I lost it in 1943 when I was transferred to Dachau, and he was sent to another camp. And in 2001, during a visit to Germany, delegations from Russia, Ukraine and Belarus, I found it among the delegates! That was a meeting!
During the "study" in Dachau, I made friends with our four children, my peers. We began and stick together. There were times during the distribution of rations to prisoners with experience could grab your rations and eat. But we were together, we did not touch.

How can I repay the miracle?

December 30, 1943, and I just became very ill. I have identified in the camp hospital. And actually it was a testing ground of the Munich Military Medical Institute, where the sick prisoners have been experimenting. I, meanwhile, the temperature rose to 40 degrees. I lay there and recalled all his former life, saying goodbye to her. And I was sick before that I die here, and no one will know that I, Anatoly Soybeans, all died. Here you have no name, no last name, just ... My camp number was 57611. I roared for a long time, unable to sleep. I was not taught to believe, my father was a communist, and I did not know then what to pray, to ask God for forgiveness, help. And then I started thinking, when suddenly a miracle will happen and I'll stay alive than I can repay for it? And I vowed that if that happens, I'll be sure to learn and work, and the rest of his life doing only good people. I try to implement it and to this day. And because I'm the happiest person.

I did not believe that he returned

After the release of prisoners allied forces began sending all home. June 15, 1945 we were transferred to a distribution camp, and from there by rail - in Dresden, where they handed in to our filtration camp. There we passed the sanitation and quarantine, we were given a temporary certificate and sent to the city on their own. On the border of the Soviet Union and Poland, our border guards have fed, washed, and together with the demobilized soldiers, we finally got to Lviv and I to Dnepropetrovsk.
I walked from the station to the house and kiss every tree, every corner of the house - did not believe that back. I went, I look: the gates are broken, our home there. I went cold all. About his family I knew nothing. But the neighbors, fortunately, was told that the house had shattered our projectile during the retreat of the Germans, that his father was alive and was discharged, and now aims rebuilt locomotive Zaporozhye plant. But not only that - my mother was still alive: it somehow released from the Gestapo, where she cried all the time about his three abandoned children. And I took the money from neighbors and drove in Zaporozhye, where the parents do not expect to see me live - also did not know about me in 1943. After a while we, along with her mother returned home.

Day - textbooks at night - iron pots

Meanwhile, I was already 18 years old, and behind - only six years of education, which over the years is completely eroded, and no profession. I first decided to enroll drivers. But it took until the 7th grade. Then I found that the railway technical school can be externally deliver items for Grade 7, bought the necessary books, collected papers. And to ensure the existence, learned from a neighbor cast iron pots, and my mother sold them at the market for 40 rubles. A loaf of bread cost 400 while I was educated technician specialty "industrial and civil building" parallel finished courses of drivers that I was given with great difficulty: nights continued to pour iron pots. And in 1949, he went to his father in the town of tansy, carry wood and timber, where he met his future wife, with whom we live already the 58th year.

Khrushchev was a foreman

After the college was spread out in every city, and in Moscow - only one place on the plant "Hammer and Sickle." Because it was such a stir among parents of graduates: the bribes and forgery, as a result of it all was removed from distribution. But it was still three places at the disposal of the Ministry, but no one knows where: it could be in the Urals, and in Chukotka. And I think: "Yes, I was in the other world, and all go!". Right romance. And what do you think? When it came time to go, it turned out that the Ministry itself and the central board and the trust are in Moscow! And in 1965, I, for reasons unknown to me, was in the number of selected experts for the preparation of the first Soviet managers or, as they say, managers - organizers of industrial production and construction.
I was the chief engineer of zone "B", and the foreman was considered Khrushchev himself. When construction began, in 1960, I was the only chief of a site, such as in Glavmosstroy was about one and a half thousand. But the chief engineer for laying the foundation of the Palace of Congresses chose me. Then I became the chief of construction management. To design and build the Olympic facilities and residential neighborhoods: Kuntsevo Davydkovo, Troparevo. Glavmosstroy was recognized as one of the top innovators - to save the state of 8 million. Rubles. I worked for almost 40 years.

The secret of success

I'm the same as everybody else. But, even as the chief, no one ever ordered. Always going to subordinates and counsel. After that, he summed up and make decisions. But they, seeing your direct participation, folded mountains! Therefore, I do not think that playing with the fate of a man - nothing like that! My example of proof: how zatyukali guy with a sixth grade education eventually became deputy head of the All-Union building association "Soyuzelektronstroy" unites 40 trusts. And if you do good to people, it comes back to you like a boomerang. And when I was unfair with some subordinates me immediately dumped a lot of problems. And I apologize to him, and the soul becomes a pleasure. Life is not striped like a zebra - how you spend it, so it will pass. So I'm a happy man!

Tags

See also

New and interesting