Memories of walking on milk with candies, I still remember that taste.

Each of us sometimes plunges into nostalgic memories. And the reason can be literally any thing that has not seen for a long time, but suddenly it caught the eye. Today we decided to talk about life in the Soviet Union. The trigger this time was just a bead. Once upon a time, citizens of this country went to get milk. So what was it? milk And why many people think it’s worse today.

Let’s start with those memories. So, if we talk about a large Soviet family, then a day drank three liters of milk. In the morning they cooked porridge with milk for the whole family, and just drank, because it was delicious.

In general, any Soviet child is familiar with the situation when he was sent along with an enameled bead to buy milk. For a liter of spilling should have been given 28 kopecks. You had to go to the appropriate store, which showed the inscription “Milk”. Or the option is much simpler - a barrel right on the street.

There, the aunt in the white coat took your candy and asked how much she needed. And then I asked for the money. No, she didn't think you'd cheat, it was just an anecdote about the money in the canopy coming out of nowhere. Then she had a special scoop, which was convenient to collect milk from small cans. Its volume is one liter. As much as you ask, they'll take you.

One day an uncle from the North came to us. He told a story I didn’t believe in for a long time. They allegedly sell milk in circles on the market. That is, it is pre-freezed, cut into special circles and so sell. For a long time I thought that these were fairy tales until I saw such a picture with my own eyes.

Going to the store for milk is an adventure. You have a candy bar in your hands, you could run, walk, jump, in other words, get there as you like. I had to be particularly careful back then. If you stumble a little, it's not so scary. Well, some milk will spill, no one will even notice.

The main adventures happened in the winter, when it was slippery outside. I remember slipping so hard that about half of the milk I bought ended up in my left shoe. Parents then did not scold, and the remnants of milk from the shoe finished my cat, it seems, also did not complain.

And now a little information for those who firmly believe that in the USSR all the food was better, because it was made according to harsh GOSTs. When it comes to milk, many people say it tastes better. Well, you can definitely hear the argument in favor of quality and lack of supplements: milk spoiled on the second day, so natural. Now it is supposed to stand for weeks.

The problem with all these fighters for Soviet quality is that they have never read the same GOSTs. Well, GOST 13277-79 It was about the production of pasteurized cow milk. And it is very interesting to read, because it prepares a huge surprise for many who believe that everything in the USSR was only natural.

It turns out that this same GOST allowed very different raw materials for the production of pasteurized milk. There, in fact, there was cow’s milk not lower than second grade, cow’s milk skimmed, cream from cow’s milk and so on.

The most interesting thing is that for the production of milk, it was allowed to use cow milk whole spray drying, cow milk dry skimmed, dry cream and drinking water to restore dry dairy products.

In other words, people who say that milk used to be natural, but now it is made from powder are very mistaken. In the USSR, milk was also made from powder. So don't let your nostalgia overshadow logical thinking and fact-checking. It's possible that Soviet milk tasted better because you were made to think so. Or because you were younger and your back wasn't hurt yet. Either way, be healthy and take care of yourself.

Tags

See also

New and interesting