A child in the middle of summer wanted Easter cakes, I go to my father to ask for advice.

I love the hot season because I can bake summer cakes every day. Fresh toppings - do not try again! But how do you like the asterisk thing? Outside the window is lush July, and the child asks to prepare him a pastry. Can you bake Easter bread whenever you want? This is what the church says about it.

The other day my 6-year-old son slapped a spoon on the table and demanded to bake him a pastry. Shurik is a big fan of Easter pastries, just like my husband and I. Although the interests of the son mostly revolve around the white top, but still.

Nothing, but it's midsummer outside. Easter was in March. I am baptized, go to church on big holidays, so I do not want to take sin on my soul. This is a holy treat.

And the mother who came to visit said, “No way, Alina!” Pasca is ritual bread. Sashenka should be taught that you can not cook it when you want. During Lent, believers test and strengthen their spirit. And the pastor is the reward of the fasting man. If you bake it for a year at your whim, it will lose its symbolism. It will cease to arouse sacred awe.”

In the words of my mother, I charred a healthy grain. Indeed, if you arrange a holiday every day, nothing will remain of that special sacred joy. But my son follows me with a ponytail and with puppy eyes begs for delicious. How do you please everyone?

I decided to go all-in and ask for advice from a person who clearly understands the issue. I went to bow to our father, Father Andrew. The priest calmed my heart with a good smile. It turns out that church canons do not prohibit baking pasca at other times, except for a bright holiday.

Don’t write on it the letters XB – Christ is Risen. And if you are agonizingly ashamed and afraid to serve Easter bread on a weekday table, call it a cupcake. And it’s about the end! – said the father.

That's brilliant advice! We can go even further. Bake a holiday cruffin or panetton. Smear the top with icing, decorate with sprinkle - and voila! I'll have summer cakes for the little one, and my conscience will be clear.

Easter Cruffin at any time of the year I just wanted to experience by next Easter a recipe for the tenderest cruffin. The same talented people came up with a combination of cake and croissants in one product, and even with rich filling. Baking turns wicker, graceful, soft and tender. That's what we're gonna need.

The ingredients
  • 350g flour
  • 100 ml of milk
  • 20g fresh yeast or 7g dry
  • 80g sugar
  • 8g vanilla sugar
  • 40g butter
  • 1 egg
  • 2 yolks
  • 200g candied or raisins
  • 1 tsp chalk nutmeg
  • 0.5 tsp salt
  • 100g almond flakes
  • 1 tsp butter for lubrication

Preparation
  1. Dilute in warm milk a teaspoon of sugar and yeast. Put it in a warm place until the foam cap rises. In a separate container, whip to lush foam yolks, egg, sugar residues and vanilla sugar.
  2. Ask for flour in a bowl, form a hole. Pour in the milk-yeast mixture, eggs with sugar, salti and stir. Mix dough with melted butter. Stir the dough for 10 minutes until it stops sticking to your hands.

3. Grease the bowl with a piece of melted butter. Put the dough down and walk on top with the oil residues. Let him stand for 1-1.5 hours under food film.
  4. Pour the candied fruit with boiling water. After 15 minutes, put it back on the coop and put it on a paper towel. Roast the almonds to a slight blush.
  5. Divide the dough into as many shapes as you plan to bake. Roll in the balls, wrap in film and leave for 10 minutes to rest. On the dough sprinkled working surface lay out each ball and roll into a thin rectangular layer. Grease it with soft butter. Sprinkle evenly with muscat, cereal and almonds.

6. Roll the dough into a roll, wrap it in food film, and heat it for 10 minutes. Now it's interesting! With a sharp knife, cut each roll along without reaching the end. It should make two legs. Twirl the spiral one "leg" to its beginning. The second twist, lifting and stacking on top of the first.
  7. Shift the blanks into baking molds. Cover the film and send it warm for 20 minutes. When future cruffins rise, send them for 10 minutes into the oven, heated to 200 degrees. Then cover the forms with foil and bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees. And another 15 minutes without foil.
  8. Done! Cooled pastries at will can be covered with a protein mass or simply sprinkled with powdered sugar.

Summer cakes: editorial advice If you are still afraid to bake a pasca for coffee or tea, and festive pastries oh how you want, this is what you can do. Mix traditional pasta dough and bake buns out of it. Like cherries. Give yourself a drink. In our difficult days, any pleasure, even the smallest, is worth its weight in gold.

Do you bake Easter bread for a year? Share your experience in the comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting