Instead of a gift for DR, the groom said that he forgives a debt of $ 13, this was the last straw.

Let me tell you a story with the permission of my close friend Olesya. Olesya grew up in a very decent family - a round excellent student, a smart woman and a hostess, It's always all by itself.. Her parents raised her, instilling high values above material ones, so she relied more on moral qualities in finding a spouse. And she succeeded very well: her friends were delighted when she posted an engagement ring! The man proposed to her after two years of relationship, and everything was fast approaching the wedding. If it had not turned out that this betrothed man is very shameless.

But it was only in a very delicate matter, namely financial. You see, at the age of 28, a young man had already saved up for his own apartment and started saving for a car. It spoke of him as frugal. But who would have thought that?

What to do if your fiancé is a shameless person

Unsplash Olesya was looking forward to that very day and was already looking for it. wedding-dress of my dreams. In the relationship, she was happy, because she finally found a soul mate with whom she wanted to spend her whole life. Ahead are joint plans, the creation of a large and friendly family. She talked so much about him, so admired his determination and sharp mind! But when friends offered to meet with friends and sit in a restaurant in pairs, always politely refused. It happened two or three times, until the acquaintances came to the conclusion that this is how she preserves her happiness.

There was another little weirdness. Although snapshot They had enough, Lesya never shared pictures of gifts. There were no bouquets for March 8, no pictures of sweets. When I was going out with friends after the holidays, I never bragged about anything. Everyone thought it was because of her modesty.

At the same time, new things no, no, but appeared in plain sight: then in the blouse of the designer will come to the meeting, then the purse is new. But it has always been so for as long as she has been remembered. Lesya from an early age provided for herself, rented an apartment herself and took good care of herself.

Celebrating a birthday is not loved by everyone, but still most. Who would not like to hear a ton of congratulations and warm wishes? Who would not like to receive a gift and a gift prepared by a loved one heartily? This is how Olesia imagined her upcoming birthday. With the groom she celebrated it for the first time, as they met a year ago just after the festive date.

In addition, it was part-time the day of meeting the two families, because there were two reasons. First, the engagement, and second, daughter-in-law. Olesya decided to gather everyone in her rented studio apartment, located in the city center, so that everyone was comfortable. It was prepared seriously: general cleaning, expensive festive table, a little festive atmosphere. And now it's done! Olesya's parents came in advance and are waiting for a betrothed, the table beckons culinary delights, a bottle of sparkling is waiting in the refrigerator.

Unsplash The door opens and he is the groom on the doorstep. He smiles, greets his parents and, as if nothing had happened, goes to his beloved’s room. The parents were a little confused, and Olesya was also unpleasantly surprised when she opened the door of the room. The thing is, the young man came empty-handed. There was not a gift or a hint of it, there was not even a bouquet of flowers that Olesya dreamed of at least on the occasion of her birthday.

The parents of the faithful and those came with chocolates and a bottle of wine tied with a bow. He didn’t give gifts, but this time he decided not to give them. Only jokingly said that as a gift forgives Olesa debtThe one she forgot about.

What to do if a man does not give gifts

Days later, Olesya shared with her friends that this was the last straw. Her boyfriend initially made a condition that he did not like it. mercantile. He likes self-sufficient and self-sufficient people who can support themselves. And in this matter Olesya fully suited him, because her views on life were far from mercantile. But at the same time, she remained a tender and vulnerable girl who dreamed if not of a bouquet, then at least of a chocolate bar.

Unsplash While her friends shared stories that bridegroom And the husbands gave them for March 8 or New Year, Olesya was silent. Because her boyfriend never gave her anything, even on big holidays. They've been together for two years. At first, she justified it by the fact that it is very economical. He has an apartment and almost saved up for a car, but that says good.

But the gift alone didn't stop. Any restaurant counts them. splitThe most he could afford was to pay her for coffee or tea. But is that a gift? Recently, they bought groceries for a romantic dinner and Olesya left her purse at home, so the future husband covered all the expenses. These were the 500 UAH he joked about, and she forgot to think about them.

The young man gave absolutely nothing for his birthday There was the last hope: that he would definitely give her something for her birthday. And when Olesya, as if joking, asked if he was not empty-handed, he only indignant: “And the engagement ring is not a gift to you?” So ended the festive evening, because Olesya realized that her chosen one is not economical at all, but simply greedy. Even the parents were, to put it mildly, shocked.

So it’s no wonder Leslie didn’t tell anyone. And I met my friends separately. I didn't want everyone to see her and her future husband split the bill in half. She said to her friends,

For a long time I struggled with the idea of wanting flowers and gifts and surprises. holiday. That it should be his initiative. I’ve always tried to avoid that because he’s a good person and I love him. I can’t imagine my life with him now. And we're not married yet and we're not living together, but what happens when he gets used to me? Do I have to ask for money from the family budget for new clothes? ?

Unsplash The wedding has now been postponed indefinitely and it is not known if it will be at all. Parents discourage Olesya to marry such a meager. That's what they call him. And she is not offended, because she realized that this man will force her to live in a gray routine without a single expense. joyfulness. Do you think Olesya did the right thing?

Tags

See also

New and interesting