What dishes of our cuisine beat the appetite of foreigners and make them puzzled

Recently I came across an interesting article about how Koreans react to our dishes. Which is interesting, because I love Korean and Asian cooking. But it turned out that the appetite of a person from East Asia can disappear dramatically at the sight of some Slavic delicacies. And although in general they like our cooking, most of the recipes are simply puzzling. But not in all countries of the world!

This made me wonder if I could share my impressions of how foreigners react to Slavic cuisine. I like to cook a lot and tasty, especially when visiting. I decided to check my e-mails and found that the geolocator had sent me travel statistics for 2023. During that time, he estimated that I had been to 9 countries, but most of my trips were to Europe and Latin America. It is amazing how different our cuisine is perceived by foreigners. And now I'll tell you about it!

Why the appetite of a person disappears at the sight of some of our dishes Let us immediately make a reservation that distinguishes us from the same Koreans - serving. We're not ready, and sometimes we just don't have time to serve. Most of our culinary delights, especially served at home, are like a mixture of something with something, and often semi-liquid. A few parsley leaves won't help. But to force a foreigner to overcome his suspicion of appearance becomes much more interesting. Let's go through the most resonant delicacies.

Imagine, a certain guidebook "TasteAtlas", specializing in traditional dishes of different countries, included joldets in the list of the 100 most disgusting dishes in the world. I'm certainly not a fan of cold words at all. But not enough to award him 67th place on this ill-fated list. Yes, not only me, but many of my friends will bypass the cold side. And just as many of my friends can't be dragged by the ears.

Part of what I understand is Koreans, who are big jelly fans. They're used to fruit jelly, and here it's meat. Serving at the cold is not the most enviable, he also shakes on the plate, plunging Asians into a stupor. In addition, the cold often contains frozen fat, which is unpleasantly rolled on the tongue. And they often cook jelly from tails, hooves and tongues, which does not add to its attractiveness.

Immunologists stood up for the cold. They reminded that the cold is the record holder for the content of collagen, so necessary for the health of the skin and hair.

It is necessary to immediately make a reservation that okroshka is of two types: kvass and kefir. And if kefir with grief in half can be found in Europe (in extreme cases, ayran, since the demand for it is high due to the large diaspora of the Turks), then kvass can not be found with fire during the day.

Therefore, the kind of salad, which is poured milk formula to the state of soup, may seem strange. My foreign friends are divided in opinion. Some people just don’t like dairy products. These are mostly Europeans. The culture of dairy products in Europe is weak. But they loved it, especially on a hot summer day.

But my Latino friends didn't like it very much. Their milk is permissible except in cocoa and coffee, and they have never even heard of kefir. It is difficult to awaken a person’s appetite with a product they do not consume. However, even among them there were lovers of such exoticism.

For the Koreans, okroshka also seemed strange. This is amazing, because their kombucha is our native kvass. The only caveat is that they drink it as a refreshing drink like lemonade. Imagine before your eyes pour lemonade just sliced salad, even with meat. But they liked the taste, they say, very refreshing.

Which countries eat blood sausage, and here's a dish that makes me feel mixed. Although in my family it is a product of pig blood in great honor (my mother often served it with porridge). But the look and taste of this delicacy does not impress Asians. However, Western Europeans do not like it. But all the Slavic nationalities and neighboring ones include bruising in the list of their national dishes.

But the thing that struck me the most was that in Latin America, especially in Argentina and Uruguay, the pig is loved even more than in our country. Seriously! Only it is called differently - marsigia, and cook it exclusively on open fire or on the grill. That way, of course, it tastes better.

How tasty to serve lard to awaken a person’s appetite The very thought that we eat sliced pork fat, eating it with garlic, plunges some gourmets into shock. All right, if it's got layers of salted meat, but just like that, and even with skin? Most of my foreign friends will refuse such a treat, except... Germans!

In their traditional cuisine there is so-called Turingen mince - ground pork meat with lard, salt and spices, which is used as a spread on sandwiches. You can find it in any supermarket. Even my compatriots are in a slight shock at how you can eat raw pork mince. However, Koreans are terrified of both (and that’s considering pork is the most popular meat in South Korea).

To introduce my friends to lard, I had to go for a trick and prepare a spread. That is, ground lard with spices and garlic, which in chilled form can be spread on black bread instead of butter or cheese. The experiment was successful. Such a dish will inflame a person's appetite! But frozen and thinly sliced lard with green onions decided not to try everything.

The origin of this drink is rooted in the culinary origins of Kievan Rus. And now it is drunk in Ukraine, Russia and Poland. For immigrants from other countries, this drink is something like unfrozen jelly. It is difficult for beginners to understand exactly how to eat jelly: a spoon, like a pudding? Or do you still drink? To smooth the situation a little, it is better to present jelly as a pudding, which is perfect as a snack.

And although the Koreans call jelly “liquid marmalade”, its fruity aroma could not leave them indifferent.

What makes a hematogen If you just treat a foreigner with hematogen, he will absolutely have to his taste. After all, this product itself resembles something between iris and chocolate. And only if you say that the traditional hematogen contains blood, the problems begin. More precisely, black albumin is dried stabilized blood of ungulates. If this fact is kept secret, there should be no problems. This little detail, by the way, shocks not only visiting guests, but also our children when they grow up and learn what a hematogen really is.

We know that well and properly cooked semolina porridge is almost a delicacy. When it is lumpless, with butter, and sometimes even with honey and fruit - it is a completely different matter. It, like jelly, is best attributed to puddings both in appearance and in consistency. No wonder sweet semolina porridge can and should be used instead of custard. For Western Europeans, semolina will be an interesting experiment, but Asians are suspicious of it. Most of all, it reminds them of liquid dough.

Based on all the above, I came to the conclusion that serving plays a huge role - it is responsible for the appearance of appetite. Concluding this review of the most resonant dishes, I would like to list some dishes that absolutely will make a splash even at the international table. First of all, these are dranics with sour cream (and even better - with mushroom sauce). Borscht, solyanka and gallushki also cause delight, especially among representatives of Latin America, because thick soups and goulashes are in great honor. And, of course, pancakes! What other dishes do you think will impress guests from faraway countries?

Tags

See also

New and interesting