The low ceiling height of 2.4-2.5 m – this is a characteristic typical of panel houses, which have to be considered when planning renovations and kitchen design.In this article you will find 15 easy techniques that will help you to visually increase the height of cuisine, some tips about what not to do, as well as a selection of photos low real kitchens.
15 tricks design 1. White walls + white ceiling
In General, do not have the ceiling and walls should be white, the main thing – that they were of one tone. This technique will allow you to erase the boundary between the surfaces, and as a result the kitchen will seem higher.
2. High kitchen with white fronts in the upper cabinets
Headsets height to the ceiling can be completely white or only partially, namely in the upper part. So the fronts of the wall cabinets will blend in with the ceiling and will not "cut" the wall horizontally. If is set low, then the fronts for the upper cabinets should be chosen to match the walls.
3. Slatted or paneled fronts kitchen
Our goal is to bring in an interior as much as possible vertical lines. If you're designing a kitchen from scratch, we recommend you choose furniture with paneled, and best of slatted facades in this photo.
4. Wallpaper/curtains in vertical stripes
The Wallpaper in vertical stripes create an optical illusion, visually pulling the walls up. Glue striped Wallpaper on one accent wall or all four at once. By the way, the fabric with this print is much easier to use, and the seams between them practically is not rumpled.
However, there is a striped Wallpaper, and disadvantages – they are visually narrow space, so narrow and elongated kitchens contraindicated.
Especially good looking striped Wallpaper in the interior of the classic kitchen, like in the photo below.
5. Wallpaper with vertical pattern
Not only striped Wallpaper and Wallpaper with vertical lines will work to increase the height of cuisine. Images of trees, extending up plants or, say, lined up vertically duplicate items if you do not increase, it just will not lower the already low ceilings.
6. Wallpaper Argyle
Wallpaper Argyle are also able to deceive our vision so that the kitchen will seem higher. In this narrow space, in contrast to the striped Wallpaper, they will not.
7. White wood paneling
The walls are white paneling popular in the Scandinavian countries, where the model houses the ceilings are often low. Take advantage of and you this technique, because the white color and vertical lines of the siding will work effectively and efficiently.
White lining will fit into the kitchen interior in a country style, shabby chic, Provence and any other "rustic" style.
By the way, battens or wooden slats are good and in facing the kitchen apron, especially if he is as not high as in this kitchen in the photo below.
8. Two-level ceiling with lighting of the Central niche
Suspended ceiling structure for a low kitchen counter, but a two-level ceiling with illuminated niche will be able to create the illusion of a high ceiling.
For example, in this classic kitchen niche in the ceiling mimics a stained glass window, and the backlight replaces the chandelier.
Window is made of Plexiglas. Plain moldings from polyurethane. And he is a suspended ceiling made of plasterboard.
About the same effect can be achieved by filling the niche of glossy stretch ceiling incorporating led lights around the perimeter. A niche can be in any form.
9. Dark floor
Dark colors such as dark blue, black, graphite, etc. tend to visually distanced objects and surfaces. So, the floor is decorated with dark tiles or dark wood, as if to fall down and thereby increase the height of cuisine.
If the repair you have already done, you can just lay on the floor dark carpet on the lower right of the photo. Of course, the coating must be with a short NAP.
10. Light with light direction up
One or two floor lamps and/or wall sconces are directed upwards, will be enough to create the effect of a higher and more "air" space. And all because of that Bouncing off the ceiling and walls, the light is distributed more evenly and will not create harsh shadows.
11. The mirror from floor to ceiling
Well lift the ceiling and increase the space large mirrors, especially in facing one or two walls of the kitchen.
12. Curtains to the floor
Curtains should choose a long that is related to sex or even lying on it as shown in the photo. Suitable styles of curtains is collected in a uniform, pleated, panel (Japanese) or cotton (muslin).
It is desirable that the fabric had a vertical pattern, that is, all the same bands, diamonds, floral motifs, etc.
Whatever curtains you choose, curtain cornice to be installed under the ceiling. Ideal — tire ceiling cornice.
13. Point or ceiling lights instead of hanging
Hanging chandeliers in the kitchen with a low ceiling will almost touch the heads of its inhabitants, to visually overload the interior, even more obscure and "lower" the ceiling. Point and ceiling lights look though not as ornate as chandeliers, but take up less space and create a more pleasant and uniform lighting.
For ceilings you need to use recessed spot lighting, but for ordinary – invoices.
14. Small baseboards to match the walls
Baseboards should be chosen low, it is desirable to match the walls, or universal white.
15. Wall decor with a vertical orientation
Paintings, posters, murals or decorative plates can also contribute to the increase in the height of cuisine. They need to be hung slightly above eye level, as shown in the photo below, or in a row vertically. It is also desirable that the pattern of wall decorations contain vertical lines.
Also interesting: the Design of the kitchen combined with living room To know and not to repeat the error 5 of the kitchen renovation on personal experience
And some of the errors that it is better not to commit
The design of the kitchen with a low ceiling has some restrictions you should know not to make a mistake. Here is a short list:
- Hanging chandeliers, as already noted, will clutter the space and are just a nuisance. The only place where the chandelier should not interfere – above the dining table. Here the lamp can be hung at a distance of 60 cm from the tabletop.
- Decorative ceiling beams ceiling they are heavier and attract too much attention.
- Unfortunately, the stucco, especially with gold, is only good for high ceilings and low looks too foreign and difficult.
- The design of the ceiling a shade darker than the walls, most likely, will decrease its height, and painted in a dark color and is omitted, will create a feeling that the ceiling presses.
- Installation of suspended ceiling systems. Standard whitewashing and painting is the best way to finish low ceiling. If you wish, you can install a stretch ceiling, which compared to other suspension systems will take not so much height, and that is 4-5 cm.
- The design of the walls horizontal stripes, as well as design window curtains with horizontal print, though will move apart the walls, but will significantly lower the kitchen ceiling.published