Why put the kitchen under the ceiling?

For 5 years in a row, I did not hesitate to choose a vacation outside my hometown. On this sweet weekend, I got high at the sea, climbed the mountains, filled with new emotions, and on the last day I grieved that it was time to go home.

And all because I had breakfast and dinner every day in the kitchen, which upset me with its uncomfortable and ugly furniture and shabby wallpaper. But it's different this fall! Yes, I lost my vacation abroad, but I learned a lot more, and that’s it. coziness!

DepositPhotos

Based on the manufacturer’s proposals standard size kitchen furnitureAll of it is created so that there is a gap between the ceiling and the furniture. As a result, a space is formed that does not carry a functional load. And this despite the fact that in any kitchen there is always a problem with a lack of placement of utensils and various appliances.

I knew all this firsthand. In the intervals between the furniture and the ceiling, dust constantly accumulated, and cleaning was associated with a lot of inconvenience.

After consulting with a familiar architect with extensive experience, I decided to order the kitchen under the ceiling, so that it occupies all the useful space along the walls. This kitchen furniture is at the peak of popularity.

However, the implementation of this idea causes many ambiguities. Editorial "Site" I have prepared for you the answers of an experienced architect to frequently asked questions. Questions about the kitchen under the ceiling.

DepositPhotos

Kitchen under the ceiling
  1. The kitchen set to the ceiling has many advantages. But there are also shortcomings. One of the main ones is the height of the cabinets. With an average female height of 1.70-1.75 m, it is impossible to reach things that are practically under the ceiling. So the set of kitchen furniture under the ceiling requires a ladder. You can also use a stool or plan in advance a special mechanism for opening cabinets, which will facilitate access to the shelves.

For example, if the boxes will open up with a special lifting mechanism, then even with a stool it will be quite easy to close them. You can also use systems with elongated handles.

DepositPhotos

2. What should be the kitchen set and ceiling of the kitchen, should plan in advance. Because it's hard. ceiling Furniture designers do not recommend it. A gap between the ceiling and cabinets of at least 2 centimeters is required so that the kitchen door cannot damage the ceiling when opened.

The fact is that if all the gaps in the ceiling before installation were not carefully sealed, and simply according to the laws of physics, during the draft, the stretch ceiling can subside just for those 2 centimeters.

DepositPhotos

3. And if you already have a stretch ceiling, and you think about replacing kitchen furniture later, you can always find a suitable solution. First, you can install the kitchen with the desired gap, and then this gap is sealed with a bar in the color of the facade. Secondly, you can make a box of drywall under the ceiling, and hang the kitchen close to this box.

DepositPhotos

4. Many kitchens have a complex ceiling configuration. It is necessary to take into account the features of the placement of communications, so as not to get trapped when installing a new kitchen set.

DepositPhotos

5. And another point that is also worth considering if you want to order a kitchen under the ceiling: the increase in the cost of the headset is directly proportional to the increase in the area of the facade. However, to reduce the cost of furniture will be due to the same facades (take veneer instead of the array, plastic instead of enamel) or countertops (plastic instead of artificial stone). Or you should change the design of the room and furniture: close the place to the ceiling with a drywall box. Or, at worst, instead of upper cabinets install false panels of facade material.

DepositPhotos

6. There is a category of designers who oppose Choosing a kitchen set to the ceiling. The main reason is the bulkiness of such furniture. Therefore, experts recommend choosing such solutions for spacious rooms, where high cabinets will not “press”. But this furniture allows you to conveniently place all the utensils in a small kitchen. And how such a headset will be perceived in a small room already depends on the choice of shades, ways of finishing and decor.

DepositPhotos

Editorial advice How to clean up the kitchen? Where do I put kitchen utensils? How to make this room as comfortable as possible for the whole family? Almost every woman asks these questions.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with a selection of fresh life hacks for the organization of kitchen space. Save it, it'll be useful!

DepositPhotos Selection of kitchen furniture It is not a matter of paramount importance, but it deserves a second degree of importance. A beautiful headset is ergonomics, since it is usability that is a priority here. Such furniture in most cases is also aesthetically attractive.

In a kitchen set under the ceiling, you can easily combine both deaf and glazed or open facades of hinged cabinets to get furniture that best suits your tasks.

DepositPhotos

Kitchen set under the ceiling A good solution for both small and spacious rooms. Tall cabinets visually raise the ceiling and make furniture lighter and more elegant. In addition, it is worth considering the storage space thus obtained.

Share these useful tips and tips with your friends, perhaps one of them is now thinking about changing the kitchen set and this article will be useful for him!

Tags

See also

New and interesting