I learned by accident that while I was working abroad, my husband was having fun with his mistress.

In our turbulent times, many people left for thirty lands, if not to Poland, then to Germany, and someone else. But I have been abroad for a long time, I will soon celebrate 10 years since I first went to work. I've been riding a lot ever since. Just this time, when a full-scale war broke out, my mother and I were sent to Italy by my husband and sons. And we thought it was the best solution, given that one of my sons lost his job during the war and my husband had his salary cut. That’s how my mother and I lived in Italy – we completed the documents, I went back to work. We had no idea what men were doing in our absence.

The trouble came from nowhere. Fortunately, we met our neighbor in Rome. She had just arrived and made herself known because she knew we were here too. That's how I found out that my dear husband is taking his mistress to our house. And this lady settled so well that she almost settled there permanently.

What Men Do When Women Don't Watch Since I’ve been here, I’ve heard a lot of stories. Most reproach our women who went abroad not to work, but to find some rich European. I heard that among them there are many mothers and wives, and even met such people. But I could not imagine that fate would play a cruel joke with me and arrange everything exactly the opposite.

Our neighbor, Varya, is 10 years younger than me, but this has never prevented us from communicating well. But since I left, we've barely kept in touch. During that time, she thought that Bones and I had divorced and I had gone to Italy for good. It never occurred to her that everything was much worse: while I was working here, Kostya was completely out of hand.

I've never been so hurt. I cried all night until the morning, I didn’t even go to work because I got sick of nerves. It happened a few years ago, but then my husband swore and swore that he would never go left again in his life. He was on his knees, probably buying flowers a month later. And now...

It's a good thing my mom is with me. She brought me to my senses and remains my most reliable support. As I calmed down, I started putting this puzzle piece by piece, and I realized what scared me the most about this story. Not that my husband is unfaithful, but that I have such ungrateful sons. We bought an apartment for one of the money earned abroad, and we built a house for another. And they decided to hide the adventures of their father from their mother.

Both are adults, living separately, but not far away. I see my dad several times a week and help him. They have a lot of respect, I understand that. I don't understand how they could lie to me that everything is fine at home, no change. I decided to call and ask again, to give a chance to confess that they are silent like partisans.

Then, having decided to call, she called her husband. How sad I was that he did not pick up the phone in the evening in his seemingly free time. Called back a couple of hours later, said he accidentally napped after dinner in front of the TV. Gathering all her composure, she asked him how the situation was. Soon after winter holidays, Christmas, New Year. And I was just about to come over and bring some presents and stay for a week or two. My husband said to me, “If you want to come, come.” But you know, the situation is complicated right now. Sometimes even power outages.” Like he doesn't want to see me at all.

I don't know what to do now. When he answered me with such indifference, I was speechless, and I could never say that I knew of his vile betrayal.

And I wanted to come and celebrate the New Year with my family, to finally feel at home. This is the only thought I want to howl, and here I do not know how to deal with my sons. I want to see all three of them in their shameless eyes. I think I'm just here for a serious conversation, because you don't do that over the phone.

On the other hand, I'm terribly afraid to go. If the neighbor knows, our neighbors know. Family friends probably know, too. I don't want them to look at me like some loser that my husband is messing with. That's what men do when women don't look after them.

My mother also believes that I can not go under any circumstances. From her words it turns out that Bones had to be divorced even when he first cheated on me. But that case was just a joke compared to the fact that now my unbelieving mistress (or mistresses?) is not somewhere, but directly to our house, built with our blood money.

I don't know what to do now. If I go, it will be a blow to me. I’ll probably get caught up in the divorce process, and I don’t have a job at home. If I don't go, I'll give up and keep pretending I don't know anything. But you can't live your whole life like that either. The more I think about it, the more intolerable it becomes.

I will probably try to reconnect with my sons first and find out why they cover for their father. Perhaps out of male solidarity, but I raised them in a different order. So first I'll find out what they think about it. But I don't know whether to go to a conversation right there or make a video call. What do you think? Please give me some advice! Because I don't have a head after this news.

Tags

See also

New and interesting