Why do experienced housewives place bay leaves on radiators and what benefits does this bring?

“A bay leaf at home is an irreplaceable thing!” - said a friend and threw ten packs into the basket. "Why do you need so much?!" — I was surprised and regretted what I said, because on the way back from the supermarket I had to listen to a whole “lecture” about the benefits of this spice for the human body. If some folk methods of using laurel seemed absurd to me, others aroused undisguised interest.

It turned out that my friend has been using bay leaves at home for a long time, not only in the kitchen. A friend found a use for it in folk medicine, magical rituals, beauty care and everyday life.

Bay leaf at home First of all, bay leaf is a storehouse of useful substances. If you regularly add the spice to your dishes, it increases immunity, improves digestion and normalizes blood pressure. Bay leaf seasoning activates metabolism and promotes weight loss naturally.

Bay leaf helps in the treatment of colds. To do this, throw a handful of leaves into a saucepan and pour boiling water over it. When the spice has infused for a couple of minutes, you should breathe over it, covered with a towel. A tincture of bay leaves is drunk for dry coughs.

Peels A decoction of this seasoning is used to gargle a sore throat and sore gums. Foot baths are made from a decoction of bay leaves. This procedure helps fight fungal infections. Laurel decoction lotions soften skin irritation and relieve allergic redness.

Skin and hair care
  1. At home, decoctions and tinctures of bay leaves are added to rubs, masks, tonics and hair rinses.
  2. The tincture of the seasoning can be used as a toner and mask for the skin.
  3. Bay tincture is used to make ice for rejuvenating procedures. For a liter of boiling water you need to take 10 sheets and let it brew for several hours. The liquid is then poured into molds and frozen.

Pleasant aroma The aroma of laurel hides unpleasant odors and is used in aromatherapy. If you want to get rid of bad breath, you need to chew a bay leaf for a few minutes.

To remove foreign odors from the room before guests arrive, just set fire to a couple of bay leaves and fumigate the room with them. In winter, it is recommended to place bay leaves on radiators. The spicy aroma released by the spice will spread throughout the room and fill it with freshness and tranquility.

Bay leaf at home and in magic In order to keep money in your wallet, you should put a bay leaf there and say three times: “I’m putting a bay leaf so that there will be money for future use!” To protect yourself from black envy and the evil eye, you should carry three leaves in your pocket. If you hang a laurel wreath at the entrance, it will serve as a talisman against dark forces.

In anticipation of good news, steaming laurel leaves were placed in the living room. A handful of bay leaves are collected in a bag and tucked under the pillow to sleep peacefully and have good dreams.

The information I received made me think. Since this seasoning is cheap, it would be a sin not to take the advice of a faithful friend. So the first thing I did when I got home was put a bay leaf in my new wallet.

Tags

See also

New and interesting