The man pressed his son to him and cried, the baby did not understand what was happening, and looked for his mother.

“Now I’m a single dad!” said Vadim barely audible and pinned his son to him. Two-year-old Slavik did not understand why his father was crying and looked for his mother: he had not seen her since yesterday and was very bored. Only mom wasn't anywhere. Their grandmother silently approached them, took the baby in her arms and took him to another room.

Vadim's single dad got a call from the hospital he took his pregnant wife to yesterday. Another voice told the terrible news: Katya suddenly failed kidneys, doctors failed to save neither mother nor baby. My dad was sitting there looking at the phone. Vadim did not know how to live without his beloved Katenka. The young man could not believe that they were no more: neither his wife nor his daughter who had not yet had time to be born.

Katya was pregnant with her second child and was in her ninth month. The first birth was successful, and this time she began to have kidney problems. Doctors consoled that the young woman’s body will cope with the emerging health problems, because she was only twenty years old. But yesterday Katya got a little worse and needed to be under constant medical supervision.

His wife was taken to the hospital, and Vadim calmed down a little, because he was sure that she would be looked after there. Today he planned to visit Katya with Slavik. They got dressed and sat down in the corridor to put on their shoes, when suddenly the phone rang. And time stopped...

From the former life there was no trace of Vadim’s mother took care of her grandson. She also arranged for the burial, because Katina’s parents died long ago, and her grandmother, who raised her, was unable to even look after herself, let alone take care of the funeral. And the widower is of little use: the man with grief went to drink.

Vadim drank for a long time to unconsciousness. Slavik cried regularly, slept poorly, and at night called his mother. The grandmother tried to calm the baby, but she did not always succeed. The little son stomped into his father’s bedroom for comfort, but the drunk father heard nothing. One morning, an elderly woman threatened to go to her eldest daughter and take her grandson with her. Then it came to the widowed man that it was time to pull himself together.

Having sobered up, the unfortunate husband astonishedly noticed that two months had passed since the death of his wife, and he had never visited her in the cemetery. "Katenka, forgive me!" whispered Vadim. On the same day, he bought a large bouquet of beloved Katina flowers and came to her grave. The widower stood at the cross and tears rolled from his eyes.

“Don’t cry, or she’ll get damp in the next world!” someone’s voice heard. Vadim looked around. At the next grave stood a young woman with a pale face, holding a little girl in her arms.

- Is that your wife? she asked Vadima. And when he made a nod, he continued. - I come here every day. A month ago my husband was buried: he died. But this is your first time.

- I've been busy. Very.

A woman stared at his bags under his eyes and sighed:

- I see! You can't ruin yourself like that.

- I know. I'm done.

- My name is Julia. And you?

- I, Vadim, extended a man's hand.

- So we met. - The widow smiled sadly.

They met several times in the cemetery. Single people began to communicate, formed a strong friendship. Soon the father introduced his son to his new girlfriend. Slavik liked his aunt Julia very much, and the boy once said: "She is so good, so kind." Like Mom!

It's been a year. Vadim noted that he thinks about a beautiful widow more and more often. He started to get bored if they hadn't seen each other for several days in a row. The man confessed his feelings to Julia, and she reciprocated. The young people signed up and began to live as a large family.

Tags

See also

New and interesting