Juicy chicken patties according to GOST "Made in the USSR"

“The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach,” my grandmother told me. And she was absolutely right. Only I have verified from my own experience that the path to the gratitude and love of all households has been trodden in the same way. Helped me make sure of that. juicy chicken-breast pattiesThe recipe was first printed in the book “Cooking” in 1959.

But back to the beginning of my story. I used to believe that every self-respecting hostess (and I also consider myself one of them) should be able to cook patties. What's the big deal? I took minced meat, white bread or a loaf, added an onion, spices, mixed - everything, you can fry, most importantly, invest your soul in cooking!

Although the result did not always please me. Later I learned that the “soul” had to be proportioned. Adhering to the weight and amount of ingredients listed in the old book, I began to cook delicious cutlets with a delicate creamy aroma. All my friends asked me to share the recipe for this wonderful dish, so I decided to tell you my secret.

Juicy chicken breast patties Ingredients
  • 1kg chicken breast fillet
  • 250g white bread or loaf without crust
  • 350 ml of milk
  • 30g butter
  • breadcrumbs
  • salt

Preparation
  1. First of all, chicken fillet is twice passed through a meat grinder with a large grille. Then take the butter out of the fridge.

2. Then cut the bread from the crust and soak it in milk. Cut to a homogeneous mass and add to the mince, mix it well.
  3. Then pass the whole mass again through the meat grinder, salt the resulting mince and add butter to it at room temperature.

4. Mix the mass thoroughly and put in the refrigerator, give some time to get acquainted with the products.
  5. Next, form patties and collapse each in breadcrumbs. Roast patties in a mixture of vegetable and butter in a well-heated pan for 3-4 minutes on each side. You don't have to cover it.

6. After roasting, the patties should be turned over sideways, cover the pan with a lid and on a small fire let them protrude for up to 7 minutes. The dish is ready! You can safely treat amazing cutlets to your relatives and friends.

Juicy cutlets from chicken breasts: editorial advice Instead of expensive chicken breast, you can cut meat from the legs, the taste of the dish will not get worse. But be sure to separate the skin and tendons - it is better not to add them to the mince. In addition, you can wrap a small piece of cold butter in each cutlet. They will be hot and will become even more juicy. People’s wisdom says: “Porridge oil does not spoil!”

Everyone is used to adding a bar to the cutlets. But try taking white bread instead of a loaf. Believe me, the cutlets will be more lush then. If there were no breadcrumbs at hand at home, do not be upset: you can grate or grind dried bread (only not black) or a loaf in a blender, cropped crusts will also go in the course. No crackers - take the flour of corn or wheat, which you will find in the kitchen.

I almost forgot! The most important condition, which once “in a big secret” told my mother-in-law (give her good health, God!). In order for the cutlets to turn out very, very tasty and your husband liked very much, he must be hungry. Bon appetit!

Tags

See also

New and interesting