Until my daughter-in-law treated me like a pig, I didn't understand how I hurt my mother-in-law.

Za. past Sooner or later you have to pay. Maria Dmitrievna realized this when she had a daughter-in-law at age 54. What the wife of the son of the main character did and to what realizations this story led her, read further in the article.

My son recently got married. My husband and I were preparing for this event. They built a house so that two families could live in it. We hoped that Dima would bring her fiancée here, and after the wedding they would live with us.

But it was a little different. I didn't like my daughter-in-law right away. There was something very pathetic about her. I didn’t do it because it was my son’s choice and I respect him. During the meeting, we found out that young people want to live separately. There is no question of moving to our house.

My husband and I thought for a while and decided we could help the guys with the apartment. It's not for nothing, is it? So after the wedding, Dima and Nastya moved into their cozy one-bedroom near the city center.

The daughter-in-law immediately began to restore order there. Gordo told me not to go in without an invitation. The duplicate key was also taken from me, although I did not intend to use it unnecessarily. What if something happens? All in all, I was very upset because my son rarely invited me to visit.

But what made me even more upset was that the guys refused to come over for Christmas. Nastya said that her mother will not abandon. They are going to celebrate all the holidays with her. I was so hurt. I cooked all 12 dishes, beautifully covered the table, decorated the apartment, and there is no one in the house. Just me and my husband. There's no one to eat.

The law of boomerang, of course, I sat down all night with my nose. My husband just looked at me and was silent. When I started sharing my experiences with him, he said something that changed my mind.

“Marusa, you are exactly the same. You never went to my mother's. We always celebrated all the holidays at yours, and then I visited my mother alone to congratulate her on Christmas or New Year. So why do you wonder how Nastya behaves? said Kostya.

I thought about it and realized that it was. I always ignored my mother-in-law. We never had a warm relationship. I never even gave her gifts. What a shame!

That day I went to Valentina Petrovna with my husband. We brought her a lot of guests and gifts. And then I apologized to my mother-in-law for what a selfish fool I was. We talked to her all night. She advised me to just come visit the stilt for the holidays. Our families need to be friends, not sulking at each other.

The next day, I called Nastya's mother and invited her to dinner. And she said yes! And although we don't communicate very often now, I can see that my daughter-in-law has come to me. I am so grateful to my husband for opening my eyes to such simple things. It is never too late to correct the mistakes of the past.

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? This story shows that, whatever the mistakes of the past years, there is always a chance to correct them. Let Maria Dmitrievna have to go through the same thing as her mother-in-law. But she realized she was wrong. And this is a big step on the way to establishing relations with both the mother of her husband and her daughter-in-law.

We hope this story inspires you!

Tags

See also

New and interesting