Svatya asked me to look after her mother, because I am retired, have a lot of free time.

“My husband works in Italy. When our kids got married, she couldn't come to the wedding, but she gave the money as a wedding present. The young family began to live in rented housing, and after retirement I had a lot of free time. So a year after the wedding, I could already babysit my grandson, says Olga Stepanovna. The woman did not long enjoy the company of her grandson and her well-deserved rest.

Lots of free time "A daughter-in-law has a grandmother in the village." She was sick recently and there was no one to look after her. My son disappeared at work late, and my daughter-in-law, after the decree, also just got a job at a new company. Grandma has a sister, but she lives in another city and could only sympathize, because it was physically difficult for her to reach and care for her sister.

She called me and asked me to look after her grandmother. I had to cook food and feed it, sometimes clean the house. I agreed out of kindness, but I didn’t expect to have to take care of my grandmother for 5 years.

I came for a couple of hours every day. And then I went home. Every day Svatya called more and more and gave new tasks. I ended up sitting with my grandmother all day long, and then I went home. It was hard for me to ride back and forth every day. And I said I'd rather move in with my grandmother for a while and let the kids stay in my apartment.

My son saw how hard it was for me, he felt sorry for me. My oldest daughter called me and gave me a to-do list for every day. Later she became more and more picky. I was angry if I didn’t have time to do something. It's been 5 years. My grandmother died and I went back to my apartment. And the children took the apartment on a mortgage, as during their lives in my apartment they have saved up for a down payment.

The old lady left a will. She left her home to her daughter, even though I hoped she would bequeath something to our children. Svatya believes that everything should be so, they say that she is the closest relative. Said she'd make money and help pay the mortgage to the kids. The saddest thing is that no one even thanked me for spending so much time and effort caring for their relative. I was closer to my grandmother than her grandchildren and children, who only told me what to do and how to do it.

From the editorial office, Olga Stepanovna had the imprudence to do a good deed. It seemed to her that she was doing the right thing, that it was not worth giving an old woman time, if she had it. And the relatives only took advantage of the kindness of Olga Stepanovna. All this time she could play with her grandson, engage in hobbies, travel and relax.

The good that is done unselfishly is often forgotten. And when you agree to a great favor, be prepared that you will not be repaid in return. Olga Stepanovna had every right to refuse to care for another mother. And no one could blame her. But could she leave a man in trouble, as did all her relatives?

Tags

See also

New and interesting