Is it possible to quit your job at 60 and live on one pension for yourself?

How to live in retirement The question is not idle and worries, perhaps, many people. Here and there you can hear a variety of maxims: from politicians, officials, businessmen. They all say that everything is fine and there are no problems for pensioners. But we decided to look at the problem from a slightly different angle.

The issue concerns the pensioners themselves. How much are they morally and financially ready to say goodbye to the usual routine of “going to work” and, accordingly, try to live on pension alone? Editorial "Site" I decided to tell you what people think about it, not officials and politicians.

How to live in retirement The average question looks like this. I’m going to quit my job and try. live for. Next year will be 60, pension. My friends tell me they won’t have enough money, but I just want to live in peace. Do you think you can live only in retirement, but at the same time enjoy a free life? This is what Internet users write.

"Work from the word slave." And dismissal from the word "will." If the apartment has normal repairs and fairly new appliances, then it is quite possible to live. Do you need this quiet life? I retired and stayed at home for a year, like a wolf howling. I went to work again, even if not in my specialty. In principle, the pension was enough for me to be there.”

“I retired at 60. Because I had to look after my mom. But you need to do something interesting. I do not recommend sitting with grandchildren constantly, it is necessary to be dosed, then good relations will be. Health is important because it eats up the budget. So if you feel good and want to live for yourself, then you have to leave.

“I worked as hard as I could. Until the age of 68, she still ran for service. And then I'm tired. It was scary, I can't hide it. I have been home for three years and everything is fine. Even sickness has become less and money does not go away. I go to bed early, get up early, go for walks and even travel once a year. Not abroad, of course, pensions are not enough. I thank God for every day we live.

How to Retire: I was scared to be out of work. How to get rid of the daily tremors in transport, communication with colleagues and the feeling of their own need? I felt like I couldn't do it without it. But it didn't work. Yes, repairs in the bathroom and toilet failed, but the main thing is clean. The decision can be scary, but in reality everything is not so terrible. We can live! ?

“It is only urban pensioners who write that they have enough for everything. And you try in the village, where the pension is scanty, there is no school, no medical center, no normal roads. All the young people left, only pensioners remained. Do they live? Surviving, yes. Cattle are difficult to keep, and chickens do not save the situation. They feed as much as they can from the gardens.

“I was thinking about retirement long before it came. In our countries, it is difficult to live normally without working, so I made a wish map for myself. Here I am by the sea, working on a computer, it is warm all year round. I worked in this direction and I succeeded. I feel great and don’t even think about retirement. It's all rented out, and I'm adding more. I spend the rest on myself.

“I was shortened when I was 57 and widowed a year later. I thought I wouldn't be able to live on retirement, and of all the jobs offered, only cleaning. I’m just retiring for my pleasure. I don't go to the resorts, but I'm fine in my cottage. Life is so short, you need to cherish it every day. God did not create man to become a horse. ?

It seems to us that it is important to understand what this freedom is. If this is an opportunity to manage your time, bookDo something simple, knitting, for example, and especially not to go anywhere, then you can live on retirement. If there is a dependence on material content, excesses, expensive food, then, perhaps, one pension may not be enough.

One way or another, retirement and age will overtake us. Someday you will have to leave your job and adjust to a new way of life. And it all depends on what mood we are going to do it with. Be sure to write in the comments what you think about this and whether it is possible to live only on the pension. Or better yet, give advice on what to do if this issue becomes relevant.

How to live in retirement - the question is not idle at all. On the one hand, and there is nowhere to go, and on the other, maybe it is possible to live more or less normally? Read our article on whether the fairy tales about the paradise life of European pensioners and what they really have enough money for. Thank you for staying with us!

Tags

See also

New and interesting