A wealthy Italian asks me to get married, but I don’t know if I’m going to, because there’s a problem.

Many women dream of marrying a foreigner. But in this seemingly happy scenario, too, there may be a catch. This is the situation faced by the heroine of our history. She faced a difficult choice and asked for advice.

Today's edition. "Site" She'll share her story with you. Maybe you can give her some wise advice.

Marrying a foreigner is now a difficult choice and I don’t know how to proceed. But you have to tell me everything from the beginning. More than 25 years ago, I went to Italy to work. My husband started drinking a lot. Not only did he take all the money from home, but he also got into debt. My children and I were practically poor.

Then the women from our village went to work in Italy. So I decided I was going. It was necessary to pay off the debts of the husband and ensure a better life for the children. I left my children to my mother when they were 4 and 5 years old. I thought it wouldn't be long. As the kids grow up, I'll have the opportunity to help them get back on their feet.

My husband gave my soul to God without me. I paid my debts for my first year of work. But after that, I couldn’t come home. At first, the children had to dress and shoes, mother to make repairs in the house. One thing, another. I've been here for 25 years. The children are old and each has their own family. My mom passed away last year too.

Here in Italy I also had a good life. I'm not saying it was easy. The grandmother I lived with for many years was very demanding and picky. However, my days here were brightened by Paolo, whom I met when I lived with my grandmother. He lives next door. Paolo studied with his grandmother’s son, so he visited her from time to time.

Over time, we became very close, we began an affair. When his grandmother died, he offered to move in with him. I had nowhere to go, so I agreed. We've been living together for 5 years. I won’t say that everything is fabulous, but life is good. He makes good money and I don't have to spend money on housing. Paolo recently asked me to marry him.

Honestly, I would like to accept his offer. Many of our women have warned me that there could be a lot of problems in this marriage. But I am happy with this man, we live peacefully. But there's another problem. It is not customary to help adult children like mine. I still pay two-thirds of my salary. I'm afraid when we get married, he won't let me help the kids.

I don't know what to do. To marry a foreigner and live a more peaceful life or to take care of children?

We think that a woman should accept the offer if she really wants it. Her children are old enough to take care of themselves. Perhaps, with the help of money, the woman tried to calm the guilt of leaving them small. But she has to deal with it herself. Marriage has nothing to do with it. Besides, you can always talk about everything. It seems to us that a man could not forbid sending money to children.

What do you think of that?

Tags

See also

New and interesting