Brother didn't visit sick mother until he found out I had to sell her apartment

Money issues can bring discord to any family. This often causes quarrels and conflicts. That is what happened in our history today. After the sale of the mother’s apartment, all the money was left to the sister, and the brother feels deprived. Should there be a share of a son in his mother’s apartment? To understand, you need to know the whole story.

Editorial "Site" She's sharing a life story with you.

Soon there will be a year since my mother became ill. She became ill when she was with friends outside the city. They called an ambulance while they helped... Time was wasted. And the consequences of the attack became many times more serious. It has been a long time, but there is no improvement.

My husband and I took my mother with us. She can't do it alone. Now she has begun to walk a little, but the speech has not fully recovered. And she has almost no strength, she quickly gets tired and can not cope with simple household chores. That's why she lives with us. Most of the work is on me, but my husband is also very helpful. I have two other school children. It is good that the mother-in-law took care of them in part.

She and my mother have been very helpful in the past. Thanks to them, my husband and I were able to work full time and pay off the loan. Now the whole world is turned upside down. I don't know what kind of world I live in. By the way, my mother is not the only child, I have a younger son Alexei. Except he doesn't care too much about us.

My younger brother also has his own family. They also pay the rent. A couple of months before his mother fell asleep, he just had a son. I knew there was no need to expect financial help from him. I didn't ask him to, but he has a baby. Although I won't hide the fact that I was upset by his unwillingness to help his mother at all.

The first month he called and asked how she was doing. I only came here once this year when we celebrated my mother’s birthday at home. He saw how hard it was for us, but even then he offered neither help nor money. I was sad, but I just waved my hand. There are enough worries right now.

And recently my brother suddenly called me. Said he found a new job and things got a little better. I asked if I needed money. I was surprised by this turn, but I decided not to help. The thing is, we sold my mom's apartment a couple of months ago. She can't live alone anymore, she'll always live with us. But the money is sorely short.

That's why we made that decision. We closed our loan for an apartment, took part for current expenses, and another part was postponed. The fact is that our two-bedroom apartment is not enough space for five people. Kids are tired of sharing a room with us, and we need some space. We decided to sell our apartment and take the three-bedroom back on credit.

That's what I told my brother. He immediately offered to visit us, saying that he missed his mother. I was surprised. And when she told her husband, he just grinned: “He will come to talk about the apartment, you will see.” That's what happened. In the first half hour, he started talking about the fact that he was entitled to a share in his mother’s apartment. I lost my temper. We took care of my mom for a year, took care of all the expenses. And all the physical difficulties and problems. He comes in and says I owe him something.

He said it was his legacy. But mom's still alive! What inheritance? Overall, we had a big fight and I put him out with nothing. Mom got upset and cried. I'm afraid it won't affect her health. What do I do now? Do I really owe my brother half my rent? Tell me the right thing to do.

Of course, the share of the son in the mother’s apartment is. It is usually received as an inheritance. But this is a little different. Most of the money from the sale goes to the rehabilitation of the mother. We don’t know how things are from a legal point of view, but from a moral point of view, a brother could offer some help to his sister. What do you think?

Tags

See also

New and interesting