Why fulfilling long-term desires makes you sad

In his youth, a person has so many worries that he hardly allocates time even for rest. To fully devote yourself to your favorite business, often out of the question. One can only console oneself with the thought that later, in a couple of years, when all the urgent tasks have been done and enough money has been accumulated, one can do what one wants, not what one has to do.

And today's edition. "Site" He asks us to talk about it. What a person needs for happinessWhy the understanding of our real desires comes to us already at a good age and how poetry can find answers to many important questions.

All life, as long as Inna can remember herself, consisted of continuous worries. As a child, she had to be a good girl and obey her parents. At school, she was obliged to please teachers with academic performance in order to get one five. At work, she had to work for herself and for negligent colleagues. When the children arrived, the responsibilities became even greater.

Over time, the children have grown up and left the country in search of a better life. But the husband became seriously ill, and in the life of Inna duties became no less. The woman herself understood that her life was more like an obstacle course. But how do we live differently? You can not leave close people to their fate.

When Inne turned 50, she seemed to wake up. How come? I'm 50 now, most of my life is behind me. There's not much left. Can I finally live for myself? ?

Inna decided it was time to live the way she always dreamed of: carefree, rich and vibrant. She sold one of the apartments and began to spend money on good clothes, perfume, trips abroad. In the refrigerator there was a place for seafood and exotic fruits. The woman tried not to forget anything that dreamed of the last couple of decades.

However, Inna did not feel happy. Moreover, she felt rather broken and depressed. Moving and flying was a mess. The dresses hung intact in the closet, even the tags did not want to be cut off. Such a desirable luxury was unacceptable, unnecessary, alien.

Then Inna caught the eye of a poem by Alexander Pushkin, after which she tried to figure out why the resorts and new outfits her mood spoils.

Finally, she realized that the dreams she thought were her own were just a fairy tale inspired by the wishes of others. Inna decided to leave the bustling city where most of her life had already passed. She bought a cottage, started a small garden and devoted herself to the cares that bring her pleasure.

She became discreet, but comfortable to dress. She could be lazy in the morning and allow herself to sleep longer. She began to discover new literary horizons with surprise and pleasure. And she began to happily mess with her grandchildren, who now spend with her in the country almost every vacation. I think the woman understood, What it takes to be fully happy It was her.

Inna discovered that a rich and carefree life is not hers. But the woman found her way to enjoy life. She found a rhythm she was comfortable with every day. And the elements of luxury that once seemed an integral attribute of happiness, now she was not needed.

Tags

See also

New and interesting