Why You Should Allow Yourself to Be Sad

When we are overwhelmed by sad thoughts and bad mood, we often blame ourselves for it. After all, we are told from all sides that life should be treated positively. We have always been told that a bad mood is wrong. It turned out that we were not worried about this.

Vladimir Yakovlev explained Why the bad mood It arises and why we need it. Editorial "Site" Tells me what's what.

About the bad mood Yakovlev says: Recently I learned that I have a special organ, the main task of which is to spoil my mood. I'm serious, no kidding. You also have such an organ.” And he's really right.

The amygdala, or amygdala, is an area in the human brain that is responsible for our emotional responses. For the good and the bad. One of the tonsils is responsible for joy, and the other for sadness, fear, anxiety and other bad emotions.

The almond body is something of an alarming button in our body. It reacts to external stimuli and activates the necessary emotions. Including a bad mood.

Roughly speaking, there is an organ in our body that makes us sad. There is no real way to turn it off, make it incapacitated, because then other important emotions will turn off. We need a bad mood for something. Yakovlev tried to explain.

DepositPhotos

Vladimir says: I often wake up in a disgusting mood. I lie under the blanket thinking about the mistakes I made, the wrong decisions I made, and the consequences. I used to scold myself for it because I thought life should be treated positively.

But it turns out I scolded myself for nothing. After all, if I have a special organ of bad mood, it is hardly possible to ensure that it remains unused.”

DepositPhotos

That's absolutely right! A bad mood is absolutely normal and even necessary for us. When we are happy and optimistic, we make plans. But in moments of bad mood, we analyze these plans, look at them with a rational look and discard empty fantasies.

Only in a bad mood can we soberly assess our bold plans, test their strength, and only then make an informed decision that corresponds to reality. And this mechanism has been tested by years of experience and practice.

A bad mood is much closer and closer to us than a good one. Every person is able to experience negative emotions immediately after birth, and we learn positive emotions over time.

Bad moods are important because they make us take a critical look at ourselves and our lives. It's sobering. If there were no such states, we would float in the clouds forever and look at the world through the prism of our own illusions. A bad mood brings us back from heaven to earth and tells us where to go next.

DepositPhotos

You can argue and say that life should be treated positively, you should be optimistic about the future and hope for the best. However, the history of mankind has repeatedly proved that optimists do not live long.

The best and most proven strategy of life is realism. In fact, these are equal manifestations of optimism and pessimism. That's what our brains do. This is the best survival strategy the brain has developed.

DepositPhotos

A bad mood helps us focus on the problem, analyze it, and find what you're wrong about, what you can change, get to the cause. Sometimes it makes life easier and makes it possible to never make such mistakes again.

It is a powerful analysis tool that helps us through life. In general, a bad mood is no worse than a good one. Something even more useful in the long run. Always remember this the next time you start feeling sad, don’t punish yourself.

DepositPhotos It is important to understand that everything has to be balanced. Sadness should be replaced by a good mood and the implementation of the conclusions you came to. If you learn to balance the two, you’ll realize how productive a bad mood can be.

It is impossible to stay in a bad mood for a long time. Recently we wrote about how to get rid of negative thoughts and protect yourself from stress.

To cheer up, sometimes it is enough to watch a good movie. Check out our selection of the best comedies that can dispel any anguish.

And also read the article with the best thoughts of Vladimir Yakovlev about age and happiness.

Do you think it's good to be sad? Tell me in the comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting