She asked an unemployed friend how she would live if she and her husband divorced.

I have a friend named Tanya. Never worked a day. She studied at a university, so she could become a teacher. Or a translator, after all. By education she is a linguist of English. Many doors are open. But Tatiana is in no hurry to use her opportunities, the 14th year is on maternity leave, as she says. Why women work when marriage is strong, she doesn't understand.

I think my girlfriend's decree was delayed. Oleg, her son, is quite an independent teenager. Cooking, washing dishes, cleaning. And Tanin’s husband does not eat dumplings in her absence. Anyway, there's nobody to court. My Tanya is calling the other day. In tears, she says, she fell out with Vika, our mutual girlfriend. I'll tell Tanin the story.

I had a fight with Vika, probably forever. You know, she said so much to me. I told her I was sitting around my husband’s neck. How come? He seems like a close person, but does not understand me at all. I mean, if you believe in your marriage, don't run for a job.

Why do women work in marriage? Yes, just because they are afraid that here, they say, the husband goes to the left or offend somehow, get divorced, and how to live without a job alone, no way. I don't judge such timid women. I am 100% sure of my husband.

Vicki, of course, did not expect meanness. But at the end of our conversation, she said that if your husband leaves you, you'll see how you feel. Why even say that? How does that come to mind... Of course, I couldn't just keep quiet. Also in response, she “imagined” a situation when Vicki’s beloved will leave her, since she is almost never at home, everything is fussy at the works of her two.

Wife works as wife

You can’t even call me unemployed. I work as a wife. It's not easy. How much wisdom it takes to calm a conflict. Calculate the costs of the family, so that everyone has enough. And help Oleg with his homework. This year I took over the role of the head of the parent committee. Consider it work, too.

I watch the beauty of the house. And I spoil myself so that my husband looks at me and admires my beautiful wife. All this requires a lot of strength and energy. Besides, my Alyosha only supports the idea of my long decree. He gets tired at work, wants to come home, eat deliciously, relax for an interesting conversation. That's where I please him.

Peels Vika argued a lot that, they say, I should have separate money – purely for myself and my whims. So Alyosha gave me the entire family budget, I take everything I need from there. Maybe, of course, Vika is just jealous - her husband earns much less than Alyosha, so she has to run for work. But even then, I heard a lot about myself today. I don't want to talk to her yet.

Such a quarrel of my friends led me to a dead end. I think it’s important for a woman to do what she loves. Like a man, by the way. If Tanya sees herself as a housewife or a perfect wife, please. I can't stay at home. I like new experiences, travel, I will not quit my job, although I believe in my marriage.

I was struck by how Tanya hastened to define the role of timid women for me and the same Vike. I've known Vika for a long time, she's definitely not a fearful person. I wouldn't call myself a coward. It is clear that Vika was in vain at all this topic began to stir. But Tanya's good, too. Why do you think women work? Is it really because they're afraid of being left in a broken trough if they get divorced, or just because they like to work? Write about it in the comments under the article. I'll wait.

Tags

See also

New and interesting