Mother-in-law noticed that I gave money to my mother, and began to drive her to work.

“My poor mother... How can I leave her in such a position? asks Gennady, the hero of today’s history. He found himself in a difficult situation where it is necessary to make a strong-willed decision, and not to follow the lead of relatives. But can a man do that? The answer to this question you will learn later in the article.

I got married 5 years ago and thought my life would be like a fairy tale. I did not know that I would have to live under the same roof not only with my wife, but also with my mother-in-law. In general, Elena Vasilievna is a good woman. He cooks good, cleans house and all that. But her human qualities, to put it mildly, are lame. I'm telling you everything in order.

When I first started dating my Nastya, she immediately warned me that her mother was strict. It is better not to say anything when we meet. Our relationship developed very rapidly, and in a couple of weeks I was sitting at the festive table at Nastya's house. I had just graduated from university and worked as an intern with my uncle.

“What do you plan to do next? Are you gonna be like a rat in the office? Are you thinking about how to make a lot of money? Elena Vasilyevna immediately filled me with questions. And I honestly didn't think about it. With grief, we split. But I still have the sludge. And for good reason, because my mother-in-law will talk to me again and again about money.

After the wedding, we decided to live with Elena Vasilievna for a while. My wife argued that this way we can save money for our apartment. I didn’t mind because I thought living with my mother-in-law under the same roof would be easy.

But the problems started almost immediately. Nastya's mother took control of the family budget. Of course, no one asked me about it. Talking to mother-in-law was useless. She gagged me because I was inexperienced and didn't know anything about money. But very soon I started earning more.

A good son's act was a new problem. My father was gone, and my poor mother was barely making ends meet. It was difficult for her both physically and mentally. My father went to work until the last day, and she finished him. My mother had been sick for several years and could not work.

So now I have to help her with money. At first, I gave her a part of my salary and the family knew about it. But my mother-in-law did not like that I, as she says, took money from the family. No matter how much I tried to explain to her that there was no other way out, it never came to her.

Then, when my salary was raised again, I did not tell my wife or mother-in-law about it. I could give my mom more money. I even managed to send her to the sanatorium to heal and rest. But it is not for nothing that they say that sooner or later everything secret becomes clear.

About the increase in salary found my Nastya. She made me a scandal, saying that I lie to her and do not trust her. And when I told her why, she got even more angry. Turns out she's pissed off that I'm helping my mom, too. She’s not too old and sick to sit on her adult son’s neck.

Then I could not stand it: “Do you not bother that your mother sits on our necks in the same way?” It doesn't work either, Nastya! My wife did not like my accusations so much that she threw me out the door and told me to go to sleep with my “beloved mother.”

It really hurt me. I’ve been living with my mom for a week now and I don’t know what to do next. I thought my wife understood me. But she still supports her mother’s position. What's the point of such a relationship?

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? Should a mother-in-law manage the family budget? Definitely not. Is it necessary to discuss money issues before living together? Of course, yes! This is the main mistake made by the main character of the story. His relationship with his wife and mother-in-law was initially wrong.

I think that the marriage of Gennady sooner or later would still crack. It’s not that he secretly gave his money to his mother. But can a man save his relationship with Anastasia? Share your opinion in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting