Cherry soldering with viscous filling as from the TV series "Twin Peaks"

Sand dough cherry pie Sounds kind of boring. But the legendary cherry pie from the cult TV series of all time “Twin Peaks” is a completely different matter! He was adored by handsome Dale Cooper. And this is not surprising, since the delicacy really deserves attention. There are many variations on this dish. I decided to try cooking it at home. What happened, you will learn in today’s article.

Cooking this cake was a real experiment for me. I changed the recipe a bit, which I will talk about at the end of the article. However, for you, I have prepared the original recipe unchanged. If you follow all the instructions, you will succeed!

The ingredients
  • 250g margarine
  • 400–450g wheat flour
  • 350g sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 600g frozen seedless cherries
  • 10g vanilla sugar
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 2 tsp baking powder

Preparation
  1. To make a cake dough, you'll need softened margarine. Beat it from 200g of sugar to a homogeneous state. Then add the egg and continue to beat the mass until it becomes lush.

2. Separately sift the flour, add baking powder to it. Then in parts add flour to the margarine mixture. Knead the soft spot. When it begins to gather in a lump, wrap it in food film and send it to the refrigerator for 1 hour.
  3. In the meantime, the filling can be prepared. Mix frozen cherries with sugar in a sotein or pot with a thick bottom, put it on a medium fire. The cherries will start saping, which is what we want. Let the filling boil for a few minutes. Then add corn starch to it. Cook the mixture, stirring it constantly, for a few minutes. When the mass begins to thicken, you can remove the cherry from the stove.

4. Turn on the oven 180 degrees. While she's warm, we'll do the test. Divide it into 2 parts. One of them roll in a round layer and put in a form for baking. I used a glass mold for a tart about 30 cm in diameter.
  5. Put the stuffing on the dough and straighten it carefully. From the rest of the dough you can make the same layer and just cover it with a cake. But I liked the wicket option. To do this, the dough must be rolled out and cut out of it oblong strips. And then put them on the filling, weaving the strips among themselves.

6. Bake the cake in the oven at 180 degrees for 30-45 minutes. Focus on the work of your oven and the appearance of the pie. He's got to turn up. Before serving, let the treat cool a little. Enjoy your tea!

As for my experiment, it turned out to be very successful. I don’t eat eggs, so I decided to replace them. In the recipe for whipped margarine with sugar, I added about 100 ml of aquafaba. What it is and how to use it, I wrote earlier.

To be honest, at first it seemed that nothing would come of this idea. But I still managed to mix the dough. It turned out to be very elastic, which is not typical of the classic sand dough. It felt like I had to make a dumpling instead of a cherry pie.

But I was not upset and decided to go to the end. With grief, she rolled the dough in half, put it in shape. Fortunately, there was no adventure with the stuffing. Sending the cake to the oven, I knew that the treat will not be the same as stated in the original recipe. It’s even visually different, not to mention textures and taste.

Nevertheless, the homemade cake with cherry sand dough came out simply amazing! The dough was perfectly baked, despite the fact that it was enveloped by a wet filling. I'm sure Agent Dale Cooper would have appreciated the treat. So I invite you to make a luxurious cake from the TV series "Twin Peaks". Fingers are good!

Tags

See also

New and interesting