Is it possible to prepare dolma for the winter, so that even in frosty times enjoy the freshness of openwork leaves

In the summer I cook dolma very often. And in the winter, I do not want to interrupt this beautiful tradition. Therefore, prepared dolma for the winter is an indispensable thing. Or rather, not the dolma itself, but the fresh leaves to it. We thoroughly prepare for the frosty season and make blanks while the leaves are still juicy.

Editorial "Site" How to prepare grape leaves for the dolma for the winter. Two whole ways!

Dolma for Winter Ingredients
  • 60 grape leaves
  • 3 tbsp salt
  • 1 liter of water

Preparation
  1. Collect beautiful fresh grape leaves. Put them in a container and wash them under running water. Put it on a towel and dry it.

2. Then washed and dry leaves pour boiling water, leave for 7 minutes. Now take 7-10 sheets, lay on the towel to dry a little, and then twist into a tight roll.

3. In this form, put the rolls in a sterile jar (700 ml or 1 l). Boil water, pour the leaves in a jar, hold it for 5 minutes. Then pour it out and say it again. For the third time, pour the leaves with boiling brine of water and salt. Roll the lid, wrap until completely cool, and then store in a cool place. These leaves will take about 1.5 months to pickle. You can then use them to prepare a dish.

The leaves can also be frozen if you do not like the method of canning. Then wash and dry the leaves again. Then pour them with boiling water and leave them for a while. Dry it again. After rolling the leaves into rolls of 10 pieces. Wrap it with food film on top so that air does not get inside. Now put it in the freezer. Just keep in mind that frozen leaves are very fragile, it is best to store them in a separate container.

When you want to make dolma, just take out the right number of leaves and put it in the refrigerator. Do not allow a sharp defrosting, because then the leaves will spread.

Once again I had a ready dolma for the winter. It's also a good piece of paper, even though you can't make too much of it. I just made dolma according to a proven recipe, put it in a tray and sent it to the freezer. So it can be stored for about six months. However, the taste is not quite the same as fresh dishes. It is better to prepare the leaves, and in winter to prepare a fresh and fragrant dolma!

Tags

See also

New and interesting