I thought we had a strong family, but one night my husband came home and quietly started packing.

Living together with a person is full of various events and trials. Some of these tests are successful and continue to work on the relationship. And someone needs a "reset." This can be both a final breakup and a break in the relationship. And this is what Galina suddenly faced.

Galina and Roman We and Roman have been together for 10 years. We have an 8-year-old son and we both live in my apartment. I must admit that the last 2 years have been difficult. At some point, both my mother and mother-in-law needed care. Roman and I had problems at work. But we somehow survived.

Roman was downsized that year. It knocked him down. And while I was doing the house, my son and visiting our mothers outside of work, he was sleeping, lying on the couch and watching TV. Fortunately, a few months later, Roman found another job with the same earnings. However, the place of work is a little further from home and there are more duties. But it's better than nothing.

So, Roman began to come home later, more tired and irritated. We started arguing. If I asked him to help with the housework, he would literally whine about being too tired. So I had to remind him regularly that even though my job was nearer, all other responsibilities were still mine. Home, son with lessons, calls and visits to our mothers. I did everything. And unlike Roman, I don't allow myself to lie down on the couch and do nothing.

So we ended up arguing even more. And the initiator was not always me. My husband took offense and boycotted me for a week. I tried not to pay attention to such childishness and do my business further. Until one day I saw Roman packing his bag.

Recreation from family life He did it demonstratively and loudly. I specifically chose the time to be home. I was too lazy to ask him anything. And when he realized that, he told me we needed a break. To be more precise, he needs a rest. He's tired. With these words, he left the apartment and, as it turned out, went to live with his mother-in-law.

She called me almost immediately with relevant questions. What happened? I didn't know. My mother-in-law wanted me to talk to Roman, but I told her I was proud. If he left it, let him make contact himself.

It's been six months with and without a child. As it turns out, life without Roman takes a good part of my job off me. Cleaning, washing and cooking can be much less. The son helps around the house, and the need to visit his mother-in-law simply disappeared. She has her son with her. Roman never spoke to me once. He used to go out with his son occasionally, and that was good.

Yeah, there's less money. But, on the other hand, the soul became much easier. Therefore, when Roman appeared on the doorstep of the apartment, I turned him around with a clear conscience and sent him back to his mother. Apparently, he did not imagine returning as my determination surprised him. It seems he really thought he would be welcomed with open arms.

I have to say thank you to Roman. For this break in the relationship made it clear to me that his presence was not required at all for a normal life. Next week, I'm bringing my mom over. She'll be helping me a little with the housework and my son. I think we're going to live well.

Break in a relationship – Do you think that a break in a relationship equals a breakup? Does Roman deserve forgiveness? And did Galina do the right thing?

Tags

See also

New and interesting