I'm 44 years old, I live alone, and recently I found out I'm expecting a baby, I don't know what to do.

How do you decide to make the most difficult choice in life when there is no one around who can suggest the right decision or at least provide moral support? Is it worth having a baby after 40 just to get rid of loneliness? It is these questions that the heroine of today’s history, Marina, does not sleep at night.

I am 44 years old and pregnant. The father refused to continue the relationship as soon as I told him the news. So I’m at a crossroads and I don’t know what to do in this situation.

A year before I met Misha, I broke up with my husband. The divorce was peaceful, without unnecessary scandals and grievances. We realized long ago that we had better be apart. They just didn’t dare to take that step. We’re too used to each other... And yet it was inevitable.

After the breakup, I was covered with terrible depression. I've never felt so alone before. And knowing Michael literally saved me. It was as if I had a chance to start my life with a clean slate, and from this I was immensely happy!

Our relationship developed rapidly. 2 weeks after we met, we decided to live together. And six months later, his family called me daughter-in-law. I believed that I had finally found a man with whom I wanted to grow old together and share all the joys and sorrows that would fall to our lot.

So when I found out that I was pregnant, I had no doubt that I wanted to keep this child, even though at this age this decision means a great risk.

It is impossible to put into words the disappointment I felt when Misha said that she did not want me to give birth. As I remember our conversation now... When I heard the result of the test, I did not wait for him to return from work, but immediately dialed to give the good news. He said it was not part of his plan, so he hung up. That night he never returned home.

It became clear that there was no point in continuing the relationship. How do you live with a man, knowing that he does not want to be a father or a husband? So after a couple of days, we separated.

Now I'm completely confused. The feeling of loneliness returned and covered with even greater force. Maybe the child could save me from it, but is it fair to him? Raising a child without a father is a huge responsibility, and I'm not sure I can handle it. I don’t want to lose this child...

What would you advise our heroine? Do you think it is worth keeping the baby despite the risks? We would be grateful if you would share your thoughts on this in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting