Suddenly, the cold snap awakened in me the desire to practice cooking Olivier, until the New Year is close.

With the cool autumn wind blowing, I began to catch myself wanting to remember the taste of Olivier, my favorite salad. Fresh olives on a plate always bring joy and comfort. It also serves as a reminder that winter holidays are not far off. And if before cooking Olivier took me a lot of time, now I do it much faster.

Fresh Olivier The whole secret is to cut vegetables first and then cook. And this can be done in one pan. Only put vegetables in a certain order.

First, I cut the potatoes finely, and I put the same carrots on top. Then I pour all this water and put it on fire. Vegetables should boil for 3 minutes. Then you can add sausage (for lack of classic sausage) and as a final jar of peas.

I will tell you right away that I only cook peas if they are tough. On the other hand, why not? The softer the better.

When everything is cooked, I leave the pan to cool, take out the sausages from the water and cut them with cucumber and greens. When all the water from the pan is finally drained, I take the pot out for a while on the balcony to keep the vegetables cool and warm.

Instead of mayonnaise, I have another replacement option: sour cream and horseradish. For those who do not like mayonnaise (yes, such people exist), this is quite a good option. And these products are usually at home for everyone.

Then the pan from the balcony quickly returns to the kitchen. To warm vegetables are added all other sliced products, sausage and sour cream with horseradish.

I haven't cooked eggs together yet. I don't really like them in olives. But still, I advise you not to take risks and cook them separately. You can't clean them before cooking.

This is how the fresh olive comes to my plate. And I, completely not tired and with a lot of time to enjoy the dish, sit down with a plate to watch my favorite series.

What other way to prepare classic salads can you share? How do you like the idea of pre-cutting and further cooking? And what other alternatives to mayonnaise do you know?

Tags

See also

New and interesting