Learning to marinate eggs with spices to make the perfect holiday snack a week before Easter

I visited my grandmother recently. Helped her clean up and found her cookbook among the things. For many years he carefully wrote down recipes in his neat handwriting. Grandma has not cooked for a long time, so she gladly gave me her treasure. That's where I found the recipe I want to share with you today. We will learn how to marinate eggs together.

This recipe was in the book, but I don't remember her making this weird snack. She said she used to pickle eggs, especially before Easter. I was curious, I decided to cook. It was very interesting. I recommend it!

How to marinate eggs Ingredients
  • 70 eggs
  • 3 tbsp salt
  • 3 tbsp mustard seeds
  • 2 tbsp celery seeds
  • 2 tbsp spices for salting
  • 6 hot dried peppers
  • 12 cloves of garlic
  • 1 onion head
  • 400ml white dry
  • 400ml vinegar
  • 600 ml of water

Preparation
  1. First you need to choose the right eggs. They shouldn't be too big. The less the better. They need to be boiled in the cool. Then let it cool and clean.

2. Meanwhile, peel the onions and garlic, pour into the pan. That's where we send spices. If there are no separate spices for salting, you can mix bay leaf, juniper berries, cinnamon, coriander, ginger, cloves, cardamom and black pepper. Or something to your taste.

3. Spices pour vinegar, white dry and water. Bring the mixture to a boil, boil for 1 minute and turn off.

4. In a large or several small cans, we lay cleaned cooled eggs. Then we pour them hot brine. Let it cool down and put the jar in the refrigerator for a week. In a week you can serve on the table.

We figured out how to marinate eggs. But how do you put them on the table? I just took a few pieces out on the plate, decorated some greens, and that was it. To the festive table, you can make a salad with pickled eggs. Or cut them into quarters and decorate them with sauce, greens or anything else you can think of.

I had a good snack the first time. The eggs are well marinated. What about the taste? It is worth saying that he is an amateur, but we really liked it. Thanks to spices it turned out very spicy and unusual. I will definitely repeat this snack at the Easter table!

By the way, many prefer to cook pickled quail eggs. It is believed that they are much more delicious. To be honest, I haven’t tried it yet, but cooking experiments are always good!

What do you think about this snack?

Tags

See also

New and interesting