The family let the grandmother into the house, who was wrong address, leaving, the old woman left an envelope

Gratitude in a person’s life is very important. Sometimes it seems that it is on the gasoline of gratitude that our whole world rests. Of course. Not all of us are used to being grateful.The more people develop the habit of giving thanks, the more harmonious and prosperous our world will be. A world where only happy and happy people will live.

In the life of Ani there was a lot of things, but such a story happened for the first time. She and her mother were poor. Now Anya remembers her childhood with bitterness, but at the same time she admits that she had good years. Sometimes money became a little more and then life showed its best sides.

Unfortunately, that was very rare. Mostly Anya and her mother barely made ends meet. My mother was constantly trying to help others, and sometimes it annoyed little Anecka. Olga Ivanovna constantly fed stray dogs and tried to give at least something to every poor person on the way home.

The daughter was genuinely puzzled: why give the last to strangers, if they themselves have nothing to eat? When she asked her mother this question, she always got one answer:

Someday you will realize that others always need to give more. Don’t expect gratitude, just try to make the world a better place.

Ani's mother always did that. One day she surpassed herself and did something truly noble. There was a knock on the apartment door. When Olga Ivanovna opened, they saw a vain old woman on the doorstep. She pressed the doorbell with her trembling hand.

Excuse me, is Vasya here? My son Vasya?

The son, who is no longer Anya and her mother shook their heads at the same time. It turned out that the son of this grandmother once lived in this apartment. Only Anya and her mother could not explain to the poor old woman that he no longer lives here. The woman cried and refused to believe it. Suddenly she froze and burst into tears with triple force.

Serious Olga Ivanovna quickly took her grandmother to a small apartment. She sat a crying woman in the kitchen and started making tea and sandwiches. The old woman calmed down a little, although she refused to believe that Vasily was no longer here.

Olga Ivanovna realized that her grandmother had nowhere to go, and it was almost night in the yard. She laid her bed in her bed, and she decided to go to bed on the kitchen floor. Anya was upset, she was going to watch cartoons, and then some old lady is sleeping in the room. The mother sternly pulled the girl.

Don't be silly, Anna. Imagine if you or I were in that situation? Then what? What if no one helped?

Anya fell silent in shame. She finished her tea and thought about her grandmother’s fate. It was probably hard to remember a lot of things. For example, her son has not lived here for a long time. She probably couldn’t remember where she lived. Maybe she'll feel better in the morning and remember something.

That's what happened. The next morning, my grandmother apologized because she understood her mistake. She also thanked her mother and daughter for the temporary shelter. My grandmother told me that her son passed away a year ago. She never had time to help him. And now, when her memory begins to fail, she looks for him in the hope of helping. She had already been brought home several times, as she wandered the streets and called her Vasya.

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? Before leaving, the grandmother put an envelope on the kitchen table and said that she would like to give it to her son. He got into a very bad company and she did not have time to protect him. She'll always regret it. And, perhaps, at least a little atonement...

Anya and Olga Ivanovna did not really understand what her grandmother was talking about, but when they looked into the envelope, everything became a little clearer. There was money. A lot of money. The old lady must have collected them to give to you.

The women wanted to catch up with their grandmother and return the envelope to her, but she already froze the trace. It was like no one was here at night. Ani’s mother gave part of the money to the poor, and they lived for a long time on the second part. This helped them get back on their feet and out of poverty.

Tags

See also

New and interesting