The story of an empty purse of a crying grandmother

We often wander the Internet in search of interesting topics for articles. But sometimes there are touching stories that I want to share with you. "Empty wallet." A soul-grabbing story about human relationships, kindness and love. Tatiana Pakhomenko wrote it. Passionate prose girl shares her work on the Internet and will be happy to new readers!

Grandma was crying. Tears rolled down the cheeks, wrinkled hands unsuccessfully tried to find something in the bag, shabby and sometimes rewound with tape. A shawl, trampled pouts, a knuckle-collar palette. Suddenly, the arson, with which the old woman moved, crashed to the floor. And the line came alive, stiffened, buzzed.

- Can we hurry up? I still have to catch the bus! I've been listening to these laments for five minutes now, the perhydrolic blonde with lavish brows in a mink half-coat said arrogantly.

- It's true. Long stand. I haven't left since yesterday. And you, Kolyan? Have a good time! Let's hang out now, it'll be fine! Grandma is only digging for a long time! — a sharp-nosed, ferret-like young man lustfully looked at three bottles of hot, lying in his basket.

- Listen! You're arresting people! Hello! Grandma, go to the back of the line! I need to go to kindergarten after the child! - rolling gum in my mouth, lazily stretched a brunette in a lemon down jacket, stretched with a belt like a wasp.

I stood after them all. It was rush hour. End of day. Supermarket, where everyone ran for groceries. A hum of voices, bright packages of goods, beckoning outlandish fruits. In my basket was a bone for the dog, a piece of clipping and a pack of cookies. Meanwhile, a wave of outrage continued near the cash register. Leaving the basket, I squeezed closer.

- Good people, I have a completely empty wallet! How so... there was money, and there is no, my grandmother continued to cry.

The shawl slid to the side, white hair became visible. Her lips trembled, and her eyes... This is what kids see when they are scared or hurt. No wonder they say that old people and children are alike: they are equally defenseless and trusting. They need the protection and support of strong healthy people. In the basket, my grandmother had a piece of sausage, cereal, a package of milk, cheap caramels and a sparkling box of tea.

Help Grandma - I'm an old woman, tea is expensive. I do not allow myself such, and even complains that there is no money! – strained the lady in the mink.

- I may not have long. I don’t take anything, but here’s the joy of drinking a seagull. I rarely buy, stretch, drink from a saucer, it is red, in white peas. The seagull is delicious! – whispered the grandmother.

- I'll pay you how much? Count it!—Decisively passing the front, I moved toward the old lady.

- Girl, that's no good. Maybe she has money? Why pay for it? asked the blonde woman.

- You can see they're not there! Suddenly lost or forgotten or something. Give me the basket, I will pay, Grandma! – lifting the fire and supporting the old lady, went to the cashier.

- Is that what I think? she said.

- Count it.

I'm sorry, dog. You don't have a cut and a bone today. But I can't do otherwise.

- That's a thousand.

Having paid and still holding the old lady by the elbow, I went to the tables to stack up the purchases.

- And money is not sorry, apparently, easily get, someone sizzled from behind.

No, dear ones. Not easy. And they were the last. This means that you will have to walk from work to work. Eat carrots and beets (well, nothing, vegetables are useful). And give the dog his patties, designed for a week. Because the salary is only five days away. But it's so scary when an elderly person cries. Everyone pretends that nothing is happening.

It is not known how the wheel of fortune will turn and where the refined indifferent lady in a mink coat will be. Maybe she'll end up alone, abandoned by the kids. You can not boast about what you have and ignore the pain of others. It's kind of wrong.

- Thank you, honey. God bless you. Thank you! Your grandmother was lucky with her granddaughter! - Grandma patted my hand.

We went outside. The snow was spinning, there was a light blizzard.

- Can I kiss you? she asked.

- Of course! – smiling toothlessly, the old lady was glad.

I closed my eyes and kissed my family. And for a moment I imagined the same snowstorm. And my grandmother Sima, who always accompanied me, waved her hand and was embarrassed when I tried to kiss her. Why are you hugging me and kissing me? I introduced my second grandmother Masha (from my dad’s side). She also loved expensive tea in such strange boxes. Then I gave them to me, and I hid beads, buttons, shells and other treasures.

And then there was great-grandmother Lucia, she put on me a leopard jacket and a striped cap, flirtatiously knitted her handkerchief, and we went to pick the leaves in the fall. Then they sat on a bench at the house, sorted them out. They made a wonderful herbarium. For a moment, the delightful sensations returned, as my old people rocked me in their arms, blew on broken knees, trying to pamper the tasty ones, took out bacon with hot cakes, with cabbage, seed, onions and rice.

Remembered and grandfathers: impressive grandfather Dima in a long coat, pulling out of the box of a huge German navel; cheerful grandfather Tol on the side of the Pope, unknown where got a doll set of 40 items and came to congratulate me at seven in the morning with a huge bouquet of peonies. With them there was a feeling of comfort, peace, pier. Now I just have to kiss the pictures.

Farewell to Grandma, please wait. Here, get some candy! Just in time to drink tea, emerged from the memories, I poured Grandma in the bag a handful of sweets. There's dryers at home. You need sweets in moderation. It'll be better for Grandma!

- What are you buying me? I can't take it! What about you? the old lady shook her head.

- Just mark mine. All five. My grandparents and grandparents, I asked.

- That's it. You're a good man. Good. Your grandparents love you very much. Remember. Helping you. All those who have left do not leave without their care those who are still loved by them. Remember that, staring at me, suddenly the old lady said.

And her eyes were unreal. It was as if they had all the colors: blue, green, purple. And they seemed so young, those eyes.

- How do you know? I whispered.

At this point, we were almost at the crosswalk. Suddenly there was a rumble from behind. I turned around involuntarily. Two loaders, jokingly arguing, tried to pick up the boxes that fell from the truck.

- If you want, I will take you home, I said. And I came across the bewildered look of a man standing next to me. Grandma was gone! Minutes passed, but she just disappeared. She wasn't on the other side, near another store, the entrance to the park. In vain I ran and looked at passers-by. It was like it melted in the air... I came home when it got dark.

Good will come back, I'm sorry, dog. We'll buy some of them later, but a lot! I haven't got any meat yet, but you're going to eat patties! In the meantime, walk! The dog wagged his tail, rejoicing at the meeting, and did not seem to be at all upset by such prospects. After half an hour we went home. Where they found standing near the door with a huge package of an old friend Dmitry Viktorovich.

- I'm calling, no one's picking up. No one opens it! he muttered.

- Oh, I left my phone at home, in my bag. Come in, I replied.

In the apartment, he put a giant package on the floor and, shining like a shiny samovar, he was going to leave.

- Well, try it. I'm going. Then you call, you tell me.

- - What are you trying? - I was surprised.

© Freepik. Here, I get it. So, this is dog food, this is newfangled bones, this is a scar, this is the meat of a calf and a lamb. Anyway, there's plenty. Your doggie will love it. I'm opening an elite dog shop! Here, I tried it at the firm. I think I'll give your dog a drink. I helped you bring him, he's my godfather! Wearing a hat, Dmitry Viktorovich quickly slipped out the door.

Needless to say, the dog had a feast. Oh, and I do, too, by the way. In the bag there were still candy (clearly not for animals) and a box of cookies. Miracles!

This is the author’s opinion, this is how it is! You share it and it comes back. At the time, in the store, I was not thinking about anything. And you, if you go and you see grandmothers selling socks, undergrowth, please buy. Take jam from them, garlic heads (even if there is no cottage), salted cabbage and ... anything! Don't take the change. Help them, pensions are small.

If you see it in the store, buy it. No reason. How often do you look and see old people who have nothing in their basket but bread, milk and cereals? We're young, we can still. They want goodies! There's no one to help. The children are either far away or dead. Or maybe they weren't there at all.

Of course, older people can refuse. They're proud. That's right. Then ask to remember the departed relatives, it works, verified. They will pray for the servant of God Mary, Ephrosyne and others. Wish your grandparents health, stroke. They'll bloom! Because they want to communicate, they want to know that they are still in service and needed! Give your attention, your attention, your gift. Remember, suddenly there is a neighbor grandfather who is very happy with a plate of cakes or a piece of mannica?

And if you have your grandparents alive, but you don't have time, because your job, your career, your new boyfriend, or your best friend, whatever your name is, drop it all. Just for one day. Go to them, hug them, go for a walk or in a cafe. How much joy you will bring them! I would give anything for the opportunity, but it's unrealistic. Take care of the old people while they are with you. Let the thread of generations not break any longer, it is the very real thing for which it is worth living.

Tags

See also

New and interesting