A retired cook was invited to a wedding in a restaurant, she was upset that there was absolutely nothing there.

To arrange a holiday for several dozen guests is troublesome. Today, many people prefer to organize. banquetIt is a cheap cafe, or even just in the dining room. Not so expensive, saves time and nerves. And if you trust the professionals, you can be sure that everything will go smoothly.

However, even the employees of catering establishments recall with nostalgia the old days when people prepared a lot of food on their own, invited many guests and celebrated any event at home. Was it better before?

Banquet in the restaurant "All my life I work as a cook, experience for more than thirty years." I managed to work in the school cafeteria, and in the factory, and in the kindergarten. In recent years I have been working in a private institution. And it happens that rolls nostalgia for the old days, writes Zinaida.

“Once upon a time, people did not go to cafes or cafeterias, but cooked at home. Olive bowl, mimosa, herring under a fur coat, potatoes in any form. Everyone ate so much that they couldn’t get out of the table. It is not strange that at the table and conversations were heartfelt, and songs were sung. Now it is not done, not fashionable, not accepted. It got boring.

“Our canteen is kept afloat by the banquets. And if on ordinary days here you can order only tea with pastries, then on holidays everything is much more fun. Yeah, it's hard to get everything ready. You're on your shift, you can barely drag your feet. But you can take some food home. Although food is all called with a great stretch.”

“There is nothing on the table except buffets and salads. Sometimes, I watch as guests look at their half-empty plates, and the greens fork over. But beautiful, rich, fashionable and modern.

“You didn’t come here to eat, did you? We came to celebrate something or see each other. So now look at how those sitting opposite uncle and aunt stare into plates of thin pieces of cheese with hungry eyes. They will decide whether to take another one or not.

What’s more important is the wedding the other day. The bride in a luxurious dress, live flowers everywhere. It's beautiful. They decided to save money on the tables. Already at the third hour, the parents often went to the kitchen, so that we cut cheese, then served fish. Where can I get it? You ordered everything in advance. And that happens all the time. Solid savings”.

“It happens that people order a banquet here, but they want to do it in a simple, old-fashioned way, without any fancy dishes. As a result, there is little left in the plates, and guests leave full, and most importantly, satisfied. What kind of customer is more important? Or to be more beautiful and modern, or to sit well, says Zinaida.

It is difficult to argue with a catering worker here, because what kind of celebration is this if you can not eat enough on it? Why call guests when they come home hungry and angry? The next time you find a reason to refuse the invitation?

Some people can even turn a wedding into a business. And they do everything possible from themselves to completely recoup costs (and even in a good plus to come out at the expense of gifts in envelopes). But is that fair to the guests?

Tags

See also

New and interesting