My daughter-in-law suggested to my son that I should move into their apartment on the outskirts so that they could settle in mine, but I do not like it.

Relationships between the closest people can sometimes deteriorate due to a trifle. But often the reason for the discord is money. And today's edition. "Site" She will share the story of an older reader who has always maintained a good relationship with her only son. But the woman should not approve double-room On the "odnushka" daughter-in-law, as the tension in the family began to grow.

The exchange of a two-bedroom apartment "Vanya is my only son." He grew up in a prosperous family, my husband and I gave him a good education, put all the money and effort into it. There were no complaints against him. He grew up smart and hardworking guy, got a diploma, got a good job. Now he is building a career, and the leadership appreciates him very much, Natalia writes.

“My husband passed away three years ago. My son is all I have left. Of course, I am disappointed that we have not been able to provide Vanya with our own housing. True, my husband and I were huddled in rented apartments until we bought our own. We didn't have enough to buy another one. Although I am sure that my son will be able to save up for his own housing.”

“When he started a serious relationship and announced that he would marry, I was very happy. I wish I could babysit my grandchildren soon. Yes, and the chosen one Vanya I liked - a quiet and modest girl. However, after the wedding, her character began to change, and not for the better.”

At first, the young went on a wedding trip abroad, spent a lot of money on it. Then, for some reason, the daughter-in-law decided to quit her job to find a better place, but she never found one. He has been at home for two years and is in no hurry to settle down.”

“It is a good thing that young people do not have to pay rent. The daughter-in-law has her own one-bedroom apartment. Small, with a tiny kitchen, in a not very good area (almost on the outskirts of our city). But yours. Otherwise, I don’t know how they would live on one salary.

“The fact is that the daughter-in-law does not earn anything, but she knows how to spend money on a large scale. She runs to beauty salons regularly, and this is not cheap. The son justifies that the wife needs to look good, because she constantly goes to interviews. But where does she go that she is not taken anywhere? ?

“I was visiting them once and we talked. I thought it would be better if they had a baby. The daughter-in-law sighed theatrically and complained that there was so little room in their apartment. I think you can take a mortgage, as many people do. But in response, I only heard that the money is not enough. To remind my daughter-in-law that she is not the first year without a job, I did not ...

And recently my son and daughter-in-law asked to visit me for the weekend. I was happy, prepared my favorite Vanilla doves, waited. I could not even imagine that the young were not just bored, but planned to change apartments. Over a cup of tea, my son suggested that I move to their apartment and they move to mine.”

“Mol, one room is enough for me, and paying less for a communal apartment will make cleaning easier. You don’t need anything, just a normal move. This is the way they came up with to not get into a mortgage. But I said no!

“I don’t like their apartment, I don’t like the neighborhood and the neighbors there either. I have a long way to go to work from there. In addition, in my apartment everything is made for my needs, I have good contact with neighbors, and here I am simply comfortable. I'm used to it. What joy do I have to live for not knowing where?

“I understand that Vanya was hollowed into this idea by his turntail, he could not think of such a thing himself. Not only did they not understand my refusal, they were also offended. I call my son and he doesn’t even answer the phone. It is very unpleasant that they and their daughter-in-law think only about themselves, Natalia resents.

Of course, young people move easier, they perceive residence as an adventure. But in mature years, when already firmly settled in one place, do not want to move anywhere. Especially when it comes to a place you don’t like. And so Natalia can be understood. But will the children be able to accept her position?

Tags

See also

New and interesting