Daughter wants to go to Poland to some man and leave the children on me, but I'm working.

Seek abroad It is a normal phenomenon of our modernity. People leave their homeland in search of a better life. Someone leaves for a while, and someone finds himself in a foreign country and stays there.

And it happens that moving one of the family members abroad leads to family disagreements. It was in this situation that the heroine of our current history Alla Fedorovna found herself. After 20 years in Italy, her daughter began demanding that she return home. What really caused their quarrel, read further in the article.

My husband and I lived in the soul for many years. Together we raised three beautiful children and put them on their feet. But when our youngest daughter Tanyusha graduated from school, and the elders Masha and Kostya were already studying at the university, my husband left me. He went to another woman who was 10 years younger than him. We had just turned 45.

My life has changed dramatically. I didn’t even want to think about finding a new man. I knew I needed money to help the kids. So I decided to find a job abroad. Almost immediately I was lucky enough to find a decent job in Italy. My nursing skills and medical education were useful.

I moved to Milan with a woman named Esther. At the time, she was 80 years old, living alone and in need of constant care. I was good at it. I think it was partly because of me that Esther was able to live another 15 happy years. Lately, she has often said that she will keep all her possessions. She doesn’t have anyone else and I’ve done too much for her.

To be honest, I didn’t take her words seriously. And I was really embarrassed. However, after Esther left, the first thing I called was her lawyer. Now I have my own 3-bedroom apartment in Milan. Legal. I couldn’t believe it, but I knew it wasn’t a reason to stop working. I had to help the kids. Or rather, the youngest daughter Tanya.

The eldest son moved to live in Europe. He's a successful IT guy, he lives chorusily. Masha also got well settled, married a businessman. She works in a private clinic as a cosmetologist. But Tanya's life wasn't working. She stayed in our home. Married, had twins. Last year, her husband passed away. Couldn't survive the coronavirus.

Recently my daughter called and told me to come home. I’ve been working all my life and now it’s time to rest. But the real reason for her call I found out later when I talked to my eldest daughter. It turned out that Tanya wants to leave my children and go abroad. Also for work. It's really not that simple. She found a man in Poland. He's ready to take her in, but without kids.

I don't know what to do. I want to help my grandchildren, but I’m not ready to go home. So I suggested to Tanya that she move to Milan. The apartment is big and there is enough room for everyone. My daughter wants something different. How do you make her feel?

Alla Fedorovna wants to support her daughter, and this is absolutely normal. However, she realizes that she will not be able to help her for the rest of her life. Tatiana is an adult woman who has to take responsibility for her actions. But it is wrong and selfish to demand from a mother that she come to her homeland and take care of her grandchildren. Agreed?

What would you do in the place of Alla Fedorovna? Boldly share your thoughts in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting