Armenian Sauerkraut Recipe

Let's salt it. kale? An old Armenian woman from Yerevan shared this amazing recipe with me during my recent trip to this beautiful country of stones, wine, ancient monasteries and hospitable people.

I know this recipe is a lot more complicated than what we're used to, but it's also a recipe that requires a loving attitude. The more work we put into the dish, the more tasty and unusual it turns out. And cabbage we leave not for one day, but for the whole winter.

In addition, this inexpensive, healthy and very tasty snack will wonderfully complement any main dish!

DepositPhotos

Sauerkraut with beets So today's edition "Site" I suggest you take a good look, how to make cabbageIt's sauerkraut.

I just want to say that beets give more color than taste. Cabbage turns out to be bright and appetizing, and cinnamon gives it a special highlight!

DepositPhotos

Cabbage ingredients
  • 2.5 kg of white cabbage
  • 50g garlic
  • 200g carrots
  • 50g beet
  • 2 pcs of red hot pepper
  • 100 g of celery petal (root or parsley root)
  • 20g cilantro

Brine ingredients
  • 3 liters of water
  • 160g salt
  • 10 peas of black pepper
  • 2-3 bay leaves
  • 0.5 cinnamon sticks

DepositPhotos

Preparation
  1. First, prepare the brine. To do this, boil water, put cinnamon, pepper peas, salt and bay leaf in it. Cook for 2 minutes and chill.

2. Wash the cabbage. Cut each one into 4 pieces.

3. Garlic and carrot peel, wash the peppers. Cut the carrots in circles. Remove the peduncles from the pepper, cut celery into 4 parts.

DepositPhotos

Wash the beets, peel them and stick them in.

DepositPhotos

Take a large pan and put there a couple of cabbage leaves on the bottom, then head and in the spaces between them all the other vegetables and sliced cilantro.

Pour the pan with cooled brine, and put a couple of cabbage leaves on top. Cover the pan with a plate and put the load on top.

Age vegetables in this form for 5-6 days, then remove the load. Keep the cabbage in a cold place. That's it, cabbage is ready!

DepositPhotos

Editorial Board
Every year with the arrival of autumn, the question of how to prepare tasty and crispy cabbage for the winter becomes relevant. After all, in the cold season it is the main source of vitamins! That is why we have gathered together the experience of the best housewives and suggest you learn how to prepare sauerkraut so that it crunches all winter, and everyone who will try, praise and ask for supplements.

DepositPhotos

Be sure to try making this incredibly tasty sauerkraut with beets. It's true. vitamin bomb with Armenian flavor! And don’t forget to tell your friends about this recipe, they will definitely thank you for it.

Tags

See also

New and interesting