When I was 60 years old, everyone was unwanted.

How many times a month do you think you should invite guests to your home? Is the expenditure of effort and energy that goes to the organization of intimate home tea always justified, or instead of such gatherings it is better to meet with loved ones in neutral territory?

The heroine of our story today is absolutely sure that you do not need to be a hospitable hostess to stay in good relations with your friends.

We share her thoughts on how an unwanted guest spoils the mood and energy of the house and how much energy takes away the forced hospitality from a friendly hostess, and we hope to find out your opinion on this matter from the comments!

At the age of 60, any guest was unwanted. I have long warned all relatives and acquaintances that they can visit my house only in exceptional cases. And then before you do that, you should call and check if I will be comfortable with them.

I used to organize friendly gatherings at home all the time. Most of my friends have a lot of people at home, and I live alone, so when it came to who to gather, the inquisitive eyes of my friends always fell on me.

Up until a certain point, I didn't mind. I was even flattered by such attention and a sense of self-worth.

But as I got older, I started to notice more and more how it was pulling energy out of me. After the guests left, I usually felt very depressed.

Whether from the fact that everyone brought their everyday problems with them, or from the fact that cleaning, cooking and going to the store for food for guests took too much time and effort, each time I felt the urgent need to close at least for a week at home so as not to see or hear anyone.

From now on I try to meet with loved ones in neutral territory. It seems to me much more rational to go to a cafe or walk in the park than to waste energy, time and money to serve someone.

Thank God, there are enough places where you can spend your leisure time in friendly company. Why drag people to your home when you can visit a theater or a philharmonic, and then discuss the impressions of what you saw on an evening walk?

Now my home is my peace of mind, my holy place. And from now on, no one is allowed to invade it with their adversity.

How often do your friends take advantage of your hospitality? Do you feel the joy of organizing home gatherings? Or maybe, like our heroine, you feel the devastation on the soul after receiving guests?

Tags

See also

New and interesting