Even in the heat, I bake Paris-Brest cakes, a dessert with a rich history.

And even though it's hot, I'll bake goodies for tea! Mixing the house. custardTo make a delicious Paris-Brest cake. I love this treat not only for its taste and relative simplicity in cooking, but also for its history.

The shape of a cake resembles a bicycle wheel, and this is for good reason. In 1891, the famous French journalist Pierre Giffard first organized the bicycle supermarathon Paris-Brest-Paris. The first winner was Charles Terron. To do this, he had 71 hours 35 minutes without sleep and rest pedal. In 1901, the race became international and divided into amateur and professional parts.

And in 1910, confectioner Louis Durant commissioned by Pierre Giffard came up with dessert Paris-Brest in the form of a bicycle wheel. That's it!

Homemade custard dough Today edition "Site" Share the preparation instructions Paris-Brest cake. This is a classic of French pastries, which love to experiment with the famous pastry cafes!

Ingredients for custard test
  • 100g of water
  • 100g milk
  • 80g butter 82 per cent
  • 130g flour
  • 4 eggs
  • pinch

Ingredients for chocolate-nut cream
  • 220g cream 35%
  • 180g milk school 33%
  • 50g hazelnut paste
  • 250g cream cheese

Preparation
  1. In a thick-bottomed sotein, combine water, milk, a pinch of salt and sugar and butter sliced in pieces. Heat the mass over medium heat, stirring periodically. Bring it to a boil, then remove it from the fire and immediately sprinkle all the flour.

2. With a silicone spatula, mix the dough. It should come out smooth and uniform, without lumps. Then put the stove dough again and, stirring periodically, dry the dough a little for 1-2 minutes. Put the dough in a deep bowl and let it cool a little.

3. In a separate container, beat the eggs with a wreath or beat them with a submersible blender. Slowly pour the eggs into the dough. Whip the dough with a mixer or you can manually shovel. The dough can be used immediately, but it is much easier to work with a chilled custard test. So I advise you to collect it in a lump, cover it with food film and put it in the refrigerator for 3 hours.

4. For creaming Pour the chocolate with hot cream. You can also pour vanilla syrup or hazelnut paste for the aroma. But if they do not, then you can do without this step. Blow a blender chocolate with cream to uniformity, and then cover the mass with food film and put in the refrigerator for 6 hours.

5. Put the custard dough in a candy bag. Cover the pan with parchment paper, you can use a reusable Teflon mat. With the help of round cuttings for cookies or even with the help of a mug and flour, make circles on the opposite. To do this, lower the reverse side of cutting the desired diameter into flour and press it to the mat, leaving a trace.

6. Squeeze the dough on the parchment in the form of a ring, leave the distance between the rings, as after baking they increase. Sprinkle almond petals or crushed nuts on top. Bake first at 200 degrees 20 minutes. Then reduce to 180 and bake for another 10-15 minutes.

7. Refrigerator cream, mix it to density. Separately whip the cream cheese, then add it to the chocolate cream and stir. Completely cooled blanks cut bread knife in half.

8. Squeeze on one half of the cake cream with a pastry bag. Cover the cake with the second half of the dough and sprinkle with nuts and powdered sugar.

9. That's all, amazingly gentle and cake-cake Ready. Bon appetit!

And to get more detailed with the recipe, watch the video with cook-channel Yuliya Small. I love all the recipes of sweets from the beautiful hostess Yulenka!

about:blank

Eclera's editorial advice from the bakery is a luxury, and cooking them at home seems too difficult. I suggest you to familiarize yourself with a simple and affordable recipe for a custard test on milk. You can bake eclairs or freeze blanks and store them in the freezer, and take them out of the freezer 20 minutes before cooking.

As you can see, homemade custard dough is essentially normal. eclair. You can use the cream any way you want. You can also make cakes with unsweetened filling, for example with fish and cream cheese.

Usually "Pari-Brest" is served in the form of small cakes, but you can find a cake - from 30 to 50 centimeters in diameter. Try, experiment and surprise your family. sweets!

Tags

See also

New and interesting