Why I won’t sell the Fisherman for any money

Many at home, in the country or grandmother probably left pretty sets in polka dots or crystal dishes. Now. Soviet is experiencing a wave of popularity - people massively buy up iconic sets at flea markets, return from the villages long forgotten. Today we're with the editorial board. "Site" I would like to tell you about the famous liqueur set in the form of fish.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by NOSTALGIA USSR (@nostalgia_cccp)

The history of this notorious service began in 1955 thanks to a Georgian artist named Baramidze Abesal Davidovich. At the Riga factory he created karaf. The word "karaf" refers to a vessel for defending wine after opening a bottle (or barrel).

A post shared by Tamara (@tamarastoffers)

Perhaps Abesalom Davidovich could not even imagine how popular his creation would become. In 1958, his fish even took part in an exhibition in Japan. The liquor set consisted of stem, glass and stand dishes. The author of the decor and shape of the glasses was O. Selezneva. There were two types of fish painting.

A post shared by Elena Omsk (@elena1omsk)

Unfortunately, finding photos of those first sets is very difficult. Even black and white, not to mention color. And the fish did not look like we used to. I can only guess what it was like. original. One of these sets for a long time wandered through various international exhibitions. This brought him popularity all over the world. It is known that the painting of the first set was not red. It was only white and gold.

A post shared by LE_VINTAGE_VLG (@le_vintage_vlg)

Such sets were also made since 1962, first at the Polona Porcelain Factory. They called it the Carp Family. Then these products were sold to many factories in Ukraine. Fish were in almost every Soviet family. All relatives, friends, grandmothers. Although the production was massive, people liked something about these fish.

A post shared by vintage USSR (@back.to.ussr)

It's interesting that we have these sets. They were hardly used for their intended purpose.. Mostly they stood in the sideboard for beauty. I remember Grandma had one. As a child, I always looked at these fish with interest, not quite understanding what they were for.

A post shared by PHOTOGRAPH Ekaterina Fadeeva (@f.e.u.shka)

Such things should be cherished as a memory of their relatives and friends, about childhood and noisy family feasts. And in a few decades, such sets will become a real rarity that will be difficult to get. By the way, we recommend another article about the dishes of the USSR. Did you have a fish liquor kit at home? Did the other one survive? Soviet? Tell me in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting