Desperate to sell the Soviet service, decided to pay extra to the buyer to take it out of sight

A couple of decades ago. Soviet service He was a matter of particular pride. Total scarcity was an inseparable part of the life of the then society, and even to buy a beautiful and high-quality set of dishes was not an easy task. Therefore, such sets are very valued and even passed down from generation to generation.

Today's edition. "Site" He suggests to ponder why the sets were valued by Soviet people so much that these dishes in houses and apartments were kept under glass. And if they did, it was only on special, very rare occasions. Do these kits have any value now?

My chic porcelain set with cups, kettle and sugar bowl went to me, of course, from my grandmother. Probably, many owners of such dishes have a similar story. My grandmother bought the kit in 1961. And she always stressed that she got the set at a good price right on the same day when Gagarin made his famous flight, Tamara recalls.

“It’s no wonder I’ve been looking at all these cups with some special piety since I was a kid.” And I was very glad when my grandmother once decided to give this treasure to her beloved and only granddaughter – me.

“It is true that the service for its intended purpose did not go well. My attempts to use these Soviet porcelain utensils for gatherings with my girlfriends were not appreciated by them.”

“The girls invariably asked for deep glasses or even spacious but spacious kitchen cups. When I spoke to them about the beauty and importance of the traditional tea ceremony, they began to miss and miss.

In short, I have never been able to teach them the etiquette that my grandmother told me so much about. There was nothing left but to surrender and hide the old set back to the sidewalk. Until better times, which for some reason did not come.”

What do we do with the set? Last year, when it was 60 years since the first human flight into space, I remembered my set. I took it out, looked at it from all sides and was sad. It has been so beautiful for 60 years and how many times has it been on the table? How many times have you had tea from these cups?

“I thought someone else would need this service more. I went with him to an antique shop, but I was not happy there. An employee with an indifferent face looked at my “treasure” and directly stated that there was no demand for such old dishes.

“The only thing that can be done is to sell the entire service piecemeal. Sugar and kettle still cost something, and the cups will go for a nominal fee. Even messing with them makes no sense.

“I’m not going to pay extra to break up with you.” granny! I thought I'd rather have him sitting in my sideboard than be on the shelves of an antique shop. I will keep it as a memory, maybe someday it will be useful, Tamara writes.

The woman can be understood, because she received this set of dishes from her beloved grandmother, for whom the service was of great value. But the reality is that the stores are now a sea of all sorts of dishes.

You can even order cups with any inscriptions and photos. And with such a variety of possibilities, old (albeit high-quality) porcelain cups look completely faded.

Do you use Soviet dishes? Is it any better than modern?

Tags

See also

New and interesting