Husband brought a friend to the dacha with a mistress, but I gave them a turn from the gate

Should you tell your friends about your personal life? Should moral principles prevail over long-term friendship? That's what we'd like to talk to you about today.

And before starting the discussion in the comments, we will tell the story of one married couple about the reception of an unexpected guest and the categoricalness of his wife, which became the cause of a quarrel between two old friends.

Last week, my husband and I decided to get out to the dacha, take a break from the bustle of the city and constant affairs. Leonia offered to invite friends with him to have more fun. My friend couldn't get a day to meet. But Leonid’s friend, Kolya, said that he would definitely come with his lady of heart.

Kolya Lyonya is friends from college. Before they were not spilling water, and over time began to see less and less. It is understandable - everyone has their own family, work and a lot of other worries. So I was glad my husband was finally seeing his old friend.

We expected Nicholas to come with his wife Elena. We already knew her, but we didn’t have much time to make friends. Nevertheless, Lena seemed to me quite a pleasant woman. In general, we got along well, so I didn’t mind her coming.

What a surprise my husband and I were when Kolya arrived with another woman! Lyonya, of course, refrained from any comments on this matter, so as not to offend a friend. But I wasn't going to keep quiet.

My indignation has reached such a limit that I have not even tried to restrain myself in expression. Needless to say, dear guests did not have time to step on the threshold. I immediately stated that I was not going to accept strangers in my house, looking at Nikolai’s companion with a significant eye.

The girl, of course, was hooked, so she immediately went to the gate. Kolya, of course, hastened to catch up with her. And the husband, accordingly, ran after a friend to persuade him to stay.

Eventually, Leonid returned to the house alone. After that, he didn’t talk to me for three days. We discussed everything and he understood my position. Lyonya agreed that such an act of a friend regarding his wife is completely unforgivable. And yet, he was offended that I pointed so unceremoniously at the door of his comrade.

I still notice that the offense has not gone away. Still, I'm sure I did the right thing.

And do you think it was worth reacting so sharply to the action of Nicholas? Or was it better not to focus on the unexpected guest and avoid conflict?

Tags

See also

New and interesting