The mother-in-law comes to visit by taxi and plaintively asks the spouse for financial assistance

How the responsibilities for the house will be distributed and what the family budget will look like should be discussed even before the wedding. Share your opinion, explain your point of view and listen to your partner. When people do not communicate enough with each other, they have problems in everyday life and disagreements due to financial instability. Our reader said that her husband has been letting her down for several years without money. And the thing is that he gives most of his salary to his mother and sister.

Husband without money “In general, I am happily married, if not for my husband's relatives. They literally pull money out of him. We live with him in my apartment, because my husband does not have his own home, but we both earn good money. We live peacefully with him, we almost never swear. But when it comes to the husband's mother and sister, everything turns upside down.

The fact is that my husband gives most of the money to them, and he himself sits without money in my care. He has a small part of his salary, which he spends on fueling the car and entertainment. And I pay for utilities, food and vacations.

Helping relatives is great, but everything should be within reasonable limits. My husband's mom is already retired, she looks good and feels great, but she no longer wants to work, although she can. Naturally, her pension is not enough, because she does not travel by public transport, but by taxi. She does not wear what is sold in the market, but goes to fashionable boutiques.

My husband’s sister hasn’t worked for a day, and she is already 35 years old. She has two children from two marriages, but she lives on my husband's money. My husband is very kind and generous, he is ready to help in any way he can. Recently, his mother came to visit us by taxi, and my husband paid for the car ”.

Impudent mother-in-law “At tea, the mother-in-law began to tell how hard her life was in retirement and that there was not enough money. Obviously, the son got emotional and took out his wallet without question. We have been living together for 8 years, and during all this time the situation has not changed a bit. I understand that it will never change. But I decided to talk to him anyway.

When I talk to my husband and explain that it is wrong to support his relatives to the detriment of our family, he seems to agree with me. But he does not draw any conclusions. And I want to go on vacation abroad, as I did before marriage. My husband does not let me go alone, and in order to earn money for two, I have to plow like a horse. Now the situation has worsened. I want children, and this is an impressive cost in the future. And my husband began to lie to me and conceal his charity. I wonder what we will live on if I go on maternity leave? "

From the Editor When a person has his own family, he must first of all take care of it. This does not mean that you need to leave your parents to the mercy of fate. But you shouldn't go too far either. In this case, the son helps his mother, and that's good. But the fact that he does this to the detriment of his own family is wrong. The family budget, if it is common, must be competently divided and agreed upon by both spouses, otherwise there will be no harmony in the family. What do you think about this?

Tags

See also

New and interesting