1. According to statistics, in our country at least once a month, use a taxi for about 70% of people.
2. In the 18th century an enterprising Frenchman founded an inn of horse crews "cab" (as they were called) were the first in the world hired public crews.
3. Australian taxi drivers are required by law to carry a bundle of hay, with violators may lose their licenses. A long time ago, when there were cabs, animal welfare advocates forced to adopt a law that these people always carried with hay in case the horse is hungry. Since then, the law is not corrected, and now the burden is on the taxi driver.
4. An American taxi driver, found in the back seat of his car a bag of diamonds (by the way, they cost 350 thousand dollars). Driver with great difficulty, still found the owner. Forgetful passenger turned out to be a jeweler from New York. And an honest taxi driver received a commendation from the jeweler 10 thousand dollars and a diamond bracelet. However, the taxi driver said that the words of gratitude from the jeweler, meant more to him than money.
5. An Indian taxi driver drives his car only on the rear gear. So much so that people are lining up to ride in his taxi. One day this driver jammed the transmission lever on the back, and he was too lazy to repair the arm. Since then, a miracle naezdil taxi driver in India more than 12 thousand kilometers. Exceptionally backwards. He adapt himself to go back to that can reach speeds up to 40 km / h and to maneuver in traffic. However, how to react to his visit the local traffic police - not reported.
6. in the Russian city of Azov recently started an interesting reform. Local authorities have ordered all taxi drivers have a neat appearance, do not smoke in the car, and most importantly: the client not to speak. Only such taxi drivers get after checking license pervozki.
7. Half of the order of a taxi in Finland is accepted via the Internet.
8. The most expensive in the world of the taxi is in England (znamenittye London cabs), followed by Italy (with its impulsive drivers), the third Germany.
9. The cheapest taxi in the world - Chinese taxi. For ten dollars you can go well, sooooo far. There is one more feature: among Chinese taxi drivers thirty to forty percent - women.
10. The first taxis appeared in Russia in 1907 in Moscow. Some eccentric driver hung to his little old car poster: "The driver. The fee for an agreement. " This was the first taxi, and by 1925 in Moscow taksovat only 200 taxi cars brands Renault and Fiat.
11. A taxi driver in the Spanish city of Barcelona returned to the police left in his taxi 13 rare paintings of Salvador Dali. Their price was 130 thousand dollars. For all radio stations in Barcelona heard the request to return the works of art. The appeal was heard, and drawings returned to the owner.
12. in the Soviet cinema of taxi drivers played Sergei Lemeshev, Anatoly Kuznetsov, Anatoly Papanov, Oleg Yefremov, and even Arkady Raikin. Subject taxi and is now popular on the screen, take at least a comedy - the famous trilogy "Taxi" by Luc Besson, the Russian series about a female taxi driver, and there is even the same name game "Taxi" on one of the channels.
13. In the autumn of 1914, German troops broke through the French defense and moved to the French capital. It was necessary to urgently push them towards reserves, but vehicles are not enough. And then there were "mobilized and called upon" the Parisian taxi. For one night about 1200 taxis were transferred to the line of the Marne River more than 6,500 soldiers. The enemy was stopped and the machine went down in history under the name "Marne taxis". And they said about them: "If the geese saved Rome, then Paris taxis saved».
14. The world's largest taxi park is located in Mexico City - 60 thousand. machines.
15. In the streets of the Chilean capital romp probably the most unusual in the world of the taxi. This taxi - cows :). 9 cars painted with the cow, instead of the signal from them - the sound of mooing and sofa stylized udder.
16. In Moscow, a quarter-century ago, opened the only museum in the world taxis. His place in the museum took the rare cars GAZ-A, the ZIS-110, the legendary "Victory", several modifications of "Volga", and Rafiki. All share a common service, and such familiar "Taxi Driver" attributes.
17. 60 years ago - for the taxi was introduced external difference from other cars - a chess band on the sides and the signal light - green light (meaning "free taxi»).
18. One of the most unusual taxi in Vietnam - it offers to reach your destination on an elephant.
19. Athens taxi driver returned one Dutch athlete Olympic silver medal, which he forgot in a taxi. The Olympic Committee has awarded this then even the taxi driver because he defended the honor of their profession and the country.
20. Once Mayor of Prague decided to personally check whether it was true that the local taxi drivers fleeced tourists. Mayor of Prague, wearing a fake mustache and posing as an Italian tourist, caught a taxi. The driver asked for a short trip with the mayor five times the price ... and paid a fine of 33 thousand euros.
21. An American firm taxi offered its customers a new service. On their website you can find yourself travel with the same origin and destination - so that people went together in a taxi, and thus save money for travel.
22. According to experts, the biggest income from the taxi in our country - estesstvenno in Moscow: $ 2, 5 billion a year. However, only 20% are legal business.
23. The highest charge by the meter was 70 000 Finnish marks (about 15 thousand. dollars). So many have paid for a trip to a distance of 23,000 km, two travelers. Leaving from Nokia (Finland), they drove a taxi all of Scandinavia, reached Spain and came back.